Thread: key fob operated windows??

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

key fob operated windows??

hi all new to the site and was wondering if any one could tell me if there key fob works the windows as mine dont seem to work the manual says you can open and close windows with the key fob?? its a new astra j sri 2010 model
    many thanks
    dan

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    have you pressed the fob twice mate on the mk4 when you press twice for deadlock the windows go up but not all had this but can be fitted, there is a guy on here and AON that makes the boxes or lmf should sell them

Status
    /
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Might be something that needs activating. Guess you are pressing and holding the button? Unlock to open windows, lock to close them?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've just bought an SRI Turbo two weeks ago, my windows don't operate via the keyfob either. I'll have to read the manual first to check if they should work.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thanks for all the replys guys! went to vauxhall and asked the question and was told the feture has been removed for safty reasons? im told the windows were opening on there own???
    dan.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Removed for safety reasons? The handbook says it should work and a guy at work has a three day old Meriva, his works. I'll ring my local dealer in the morning to see what they say, I wonder if it can be re enabled through tech2.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    u need to hold the key but if i dnt work and u want it u need to go to vauxhall and get it activated i was thinkin of doin the same to mine in the spring.
    PVS2011 AOC top 15 runner up
    Mk5 1.7CDTI
    108bhp 183Ibft torque

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi. I have 1.7 diesel elite version and this morning I went to get in my car to find all the windows wide open.. Can the remote windows be switched off by myself or can this only be done by the garage ??

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Quote Originally Posted by DCA View Post
    have you pressed the fob twice mate on the mk4 when you press twice for deadlock the windows go up but not all had this but can be fitted, there is a guy on here and AON that makes the boxes or lmf should sell them
    hi there well i have the mk4 and when i press the lock button on key once it locks and indicators flash and i if i press it again the indicators just flash again and i have allways wondered what the point is pressing it twice??

u say deadlock?? what u mean by that ? what does it do because my doors are already locked as i can see when i press it the frist time thanks gaz

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by djgaz9 View Post
    hi there well i have the mk4 and when i press the lock button on key once it locks and indicators flash and i if i press it again the indicators just flash again and i have allways wondered what the point is pressing it twice??

u say deadlock?? what u mean by that ? what does it do because my doors are already locked as i can see when i press it the frist time thanks gaz
    Basically when you lock the car for the second time it "dead locks it" ie: you can't open the doors from the inside of the car,, but if you do it when your inside the car and turn the ignition it will unlock the doors again...
    Work was manic now my brain is fried!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast