Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    I see where your coming from

The switch part of each lock (black/blue wire) is the deadlock feature. If that relay inside the control unit was faulty and not sending a negative return I guess it could cause this problem. I must admit that i've only tested this wire on lock so know it pulses 12v on the second press of the remote lock button

Do you have a volt meter you can test the wires yourself?
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi
    sorry its been so long since my last update, but have been ignoring the problem until i had a little more time. On Hols at the mo so giving things a go.

I do have a little yellow volt meter, but unfortunately no idea how to use it.

I have tried manually checking the wires for damage, knowing how prone the back doors are to this. Found the big red and brown in the o/s/r and a smalller blue/yellow wire snapped and a couple snapped in the n/s/r . I soldered them all back up, but no joy.

I then sent it to the garage for check and report. they said their was power to all door locks at the door junctions which would pulse when central locking activated. without removing all door cards unable to say if power reached motors but chances of it not are very slim. Pulse from central locking control unit would confirm this is working and most likely the fault would be a short of some type, poss when wires snapped causing a surge which blew all four door motors.

I ordered new front locks/motors from ebay, which i fitted today. both doors locked on the remote. pins went down but refused to unlock. unlocked manually but now no responce from either unit.

Do i need to recode these before they work? or is it more likely to be a central locking ECU fault?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    door locks dont need to be coded.
    as Autosparks said there is only 1 wire to tell the car to unlock and lock, the ecu would not be at fault,

I can think of 2 things you could try,
    1, Get the car on op-com and you may be able to find out the problem. (where abouts do you live, someone might be near to you who has one.)
    2, unplug all the doors (wireing plugs) 2 or 4 doors, leave the boot and petrol flap as you said these work, try locking the car and unlocking, and then try pluging one door in at a time and see if you can find a fault that way.
    Please contact the HelpDesk if you wish to become a Trader. Thanks

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi

I have taken off all four door cards and unplugged all motors from the connector in the door.

I tried each door, with only one connected at a time. still noe responce.

Location wise we are in Ipswich, Suffolk.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    o.k. maybe try it the other way round, have everything pluged in but unplug 1 at a time,
    not to sure if this will work but it might.
    Please contact the HelpDesk if you wish to become a Trader. Thanks

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well good new the central locking is now working.
    Tried plantys suggestion but no joy, so booked it into Vauxhalls to see if they could find something the independant missed.

Their report says; carried out tech test checking FO data, no trouble codes stored, check power to locks - open and close signal OK, check repairs to harness - all ok, check all connections ok. no fault found. re-check operation and central locking working ok.
    carried out visual heath check.

Asked what this meant, if no fault found and was told the engineer checked once and could not find anything, went round and rechecked and it started working. No idea what fault was or why it started working again.

got a bit gittery when I had to re-fit door cards and disconnect looms to rear doors to replace rubber boots but has been working fine now for the last two weeks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12