Thread: Some **** has broken into my car

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Some **** has broken into my car

As above. I left my car parked outside my mates flat in bensham last night and come out this morning to a suspiciously clear looking windcreen. I went across to the car and the drivers door wasnt shut properly and the door lock had been smashed to open it. Inside the stereo has gone, the MOT cert has been nicked out the glove box as well as an empty wallet and a few other bits and the trim round the steering wheel has been smashed off to try and start it. They obviously failed without the key chip but its a right kick in the balls. Im skint for now and have no intention of going thru the insurance due to a 250 quid excess so need to find some new bits. By the looks of things the drivers door is OK but I need a new door handle, the trim round the steering wheel and the bit that the key turns when you put it in so if anyone could help out it would be much appreciated. I dunno where the ****ing idiot was planning to go in this weather cos it took me 20 mins to get out of the same space yesterday but there you go. If anyone sees a pioneer DEH-P6900 head unit with up for sale in the gateshead area give me a shout. The wiring has bullet connectors on it to connect to the speakers so shouldnt be too difficult to spot with it being a rare unit to start with. Not the best quality pics but here u go

Stereo gone, satnav left

Suspiciously clear windscreen after another good snow shower last night

And the door lock. Looks like the door is a bit ****ed tbh

and the ignition barrel, no extra damage to that

It would definitely go better with an engine in it

ZLET converted SXi See Here

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
    As above. I left my car parked outside my mates flat in bensham last night and come out this morning to a suspiciously clear looking windcreen. I went across to the car and the drivers door wasnt shut properly and the door lock had been smashed to open it. Inside the stereo has gone, the MOT cert has been nicked out the glove box as well as an empty wallet and a few other bits and the trim round the steering wheel has been smashed off to try and start it. They obviously failed without the key chip but its a right kick in the balls. Im skint for now and have no intention of going thru the insurance due to a 250 quid excess so need to find some new bits. By the looks of things the drivers door is OK but I need a new door handle, the trim round the steering wheel and the bit that the key turns when you put it in so if anyone could help out it would be much appreciated. I dunno where the ****ing idiot was planning to go in this weather cos it took me 20 mins to get out of the same space yesterday but there you go. If anyone sees a pioneer DEH-6800 head unit with up for sale in the gateshead area give me a shout. The wiring has bullet connectors on it to connect to the speakers so shouldnt be too difficult to spot with it being a rare unit to start with. Pics to follow in a bit
    Jesus Christ mate, I am gutted for you!
    I can understand the feeling like you have that some scum has decided to help themselves to your stuff.
    How bad is the damage to the steering column? damaged wires, damaged barrel to ignition?
    For what it is worth hunting around for stuff, would it not be worth going through the insurance, they should at least replace all the locks on the car, including the ignition?
    otherwise it would be off down the scrappers or ebay for a lock set and the other bits they damaged
    Probably the ONLY Astra Mk3 sitting on Corsa D SXI rims!
    And Now a Diesel on Discs all round!

http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=162503

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    soory to hear that m8 some people are scum

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    scum bags sorry to hear it mate,i got rid of my spare mk4 parts 2wks ago you could of had them hope all gets sorted though

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turboshed View Post
    Jesus Christ mate, I am gutted for you!
    I can understand the feeling like you have that some scum has decided to help themselves to your stuff.
    How bad is the damage to the steering column? damaged wires, damaged barrel to ignition?
    For what it is worth hunting around for stuff, would it not be worth going through the insurance, they should at least replace all the locks on the car, including the ignition?
    otherwise it would be off down the scrappers or ebay for a lock set and the other bits they damaged
    the wires are spot on from what I can see. It looks like what theyve tried to do is use a crewdriver to turn the bit the lock barrel turns to start it. That gets the igniton dash lights on but without the chip wont start it. I cant afford the hike in premiums after the claim mate. TBH, Im looking at the positives, the main one is that I still have a car, then after that they havent done anything to the interior out of spite because it wouldnt go and they hevent killed any wires. They were even nice enough to leave my t20 torx bit, stanley knife and spare AFM. Obvioysly the didnt realise a brand new AFM is worth a damn sight more than a 4 year old stereo

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    the wires are spot on from what I can see. It looks like what theyve tried to do is use a crewdriver to turn the bit the lock barrel turns to start it. That gets the igniton dash lights on but without the chip wont start it. I cant afford the hike in premiums after the claim mate. TBH, Im looking at the positives, the main one is that I still have a car, then after that they havent done anything to the interior out of spite because it wouldnt go and they hevent killed any wires. They were even nice enough to leave my t20 torx bit, stanley knife and spare AFM. Obvioysly the didnt realise a brand new AFM is worth a damn sight more than a 4 year old stereo
    That is lucky then mate, sometimes the value of parts is more than anything they take.
    Ok so they have had the ignition switch off the back of the barrel, so you should be able get another from a scrap yard for pennies

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    That is lucky then mate, sometimes the value of parts is more than anything they take.
    Ok so they have had the ignition switch off the back of the barrel, so you should be able get another from a scrap yard for pennies
    I got the last one for free when I killed it putting the dash back on. The only thing Im worried about is if theres damage to the door where they took the lock off

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I got the last one for free when I killed it putting the dash back on. The only thing Im worried about is if theres damage to the door where they took the lock off
    Have you got any pics of the door damage?
    I dont think it is hard to replace mk4 locks, it certainly wasnt when I did my mk3 ones, but if they jammed a screw driver in the lock? you will need a complete new lock as well as the handle

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    lock is in the handle, so chances are if there is no damage on the outside to be seen, the door will be fine.

Theivin pikey scum! keep an eye on the bay as that's more than likely where the stereo will end up.
    GSi....boosting a' ower yer honda CTR, Vtec this!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Have you got any pics of the door damage?
    I dont think it is hard to replace mk4 locks, it certainly wasnt when I did my mk3 ones, but if they jammed a screw driver in the lock? you will need a complete new lock as well as the handle
    pics added at the top mate

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast