Thread: Going to have to sell car...

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Going to have to sell car...

Ok I'm 18. I drive a 1.8 sri mk4. I don't know but I think I may have got lucky with my insurance, its about £1300-1400 fully comp. But after hearing my friends are getting alot higher prices for smaller cars I decided to try a quote with 2 years no claims instead of my current 1 for next year. I used exactly the same details just changed dob license held ect +1 year..

I tried my current company, the compare websites and other driect companys. Cheapest quote I got was about £3100. Why has it gone up by over 100%. If they do not fall by next august I'm going to have to sell my car that is insane prices. I know I'm young but it should go down as I gain more experiance and claim free now up by this much.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i just did an online quote on my gsi. Getting quotes of £650 before adding on the monthly payment interest. I was pretty pissed off with a quote like that, as i am 27 with 7yrs no claims. But after hearing a few and reading yours....i think i will moan a bit less
    GSi....boosting a' ower yer honda CTR, Vtec this!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    £650 I wish mine was, I wouldn't mind paying the £1400 again but £3k+ 2 years no claims is taking the piss. even tried quotes on a renault estate 1.6 as I thought estates are suppost to be cheaper and no history of younger people driving but that was still £3000. Cant believe it. I don't even live in high risk area I put 6000 miles garraged ect

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I wouldnt even bother getting quotes online, i did that for my coupe turbo and the cheapest that came back was £2100 and my insurance company was £2300 and im 21 with 1 year ncb. When my renewal was up rang my insurers and got it down to £1350 so i wouldnt take no notice until u actually ring them

Status
    Yorkshire RO
    Mentioned in
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey bud, search through my threads for insurance, may be a story that helps

Btw not been lazy,,, just dunno how toncopy and pastenon my phone lol
    Live in Yorkshire? Click here for meet ups in our area!

Currently driving Arden Blue Zafira GSi..... Not your average people carrier!

If speed scares you, try Windows...

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steady10101 View Post
    Hey bud, search through my threads for insurance, may be a story that helps

Btw not been lazy,,, just dunno how toncopy and pastenon my phone lol
    not sure which thread you mean just went through 5 pages of your posts lol but read a few which I found some intresting stuff such as IAM??

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny22 View Post
    I wouldnt even bother getting quotes online, i did that for my coupe turbo and the cheapest that came back was £2100 and my insurance company was £2300 and im 21 with 1 year ncb. When my renewal was up rang my insurers and got it down to £1350 so i wouldnt take no notice until u actually ring them
    I guess thats what I'll have to do. I always thought it was cheaper online guess not.

So my question is if I did an IAM course would that bring it down alot http://www.iam.org.uk/ ?

Can't find it looking for the post again but somebody was claiming the save huge ammounts of money by doing this by going to insurers that only insure people that have done this course?

Status
    Yorkshire RO
    Mentioned in
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Live in Yorkshire? Click here for meet ups in our area!

Currently driving Arden Blue Zafira GSi..... Not your average people carrier!

If speed scares you, try Windows...

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zak.s View Post
    companys. Cheapest quote I got was about £3100. Why has it gone up by over 100%. If they do not fall by next august I'm going to have to sell my car that is insane prices.
    Relax man

I was similar but come renewal it was £600 lower, maybe they just aren't keen on new customers right now! Itll be fine
    Project Club|HERE|COMMENTS|

Project Skyline|NOW HERE|

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    My insurance is FC for £720, but I checked a few quotes with modified suspension, uprated brakes, non standard alloys and tinted windows and I was getting £2500-3500 figures online.

Luckily I don't have any above mentioned mods on my car.. my car is standard with no mods (even bodykit is factory fitted) and I think I'll just keep it that way. No point to pay £3k for FC insurance for the car worth £3k

The prices have gone up. My 4 NCD counts for nothing as I keep paying more and more every year.
    FAMILY SHED: VAUXHALL ASTRA 2.2 SRI
    ROAD MISSLE: HONDA CBR1000RR FIREBLADE
    TRACK MISSLE: none

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast