Thread: Vauxahall have ****** me of today

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Vauxahall have ****** me of today

Basically as well as me astra I have got a combo 1.3d that I use for work. 3 weeks ago it developed a really bad knocking noise so I checked all the basics and couldn't find anything wrong. Other than the noise it had lost loads of power. So there was nuffink else I could do it had to go to the garage.

On the 3rd of November I took it to a family friend that used to work for vauxhall as a mech he plugged his computer in and it came up with a error code to do with the air flow meter. So we ordered a new one that turned up later that day 100 quid later and all it's done is clear the error code. Unfortuanfly my mate was of on hoilday at the end of the week so he couldn't do any more but he thought it was to do with the injectors.

So having this in mind I took it down to my look vauxhall dealer who said they would look at it but would cost 92 pound to run a diagnostic to find the problem. I rung them the next day and they said the problem was in the camshaft so they took it apart and phoned me and told me it's not there and they have to look further in the engine I phoned them last Thursday and they told me that what's has happened is , the timing chain has jumped and caused timing to go out resulting in damaging all the valves (I thought the point of a chain was that it would never slip) so I asked them how much and they worked it out it's going to cost 1400. seeing as there not a lot I can do I agreed. They reckoned I would have it back by tomorrow. I have phoned them just now and they told me that the parts won't turn up till the 30th as nobody has any valves and it will take a day to put back.

I really don't no what to do

Are they talking out the ar** or is this right

Sorry about the moan but can anyone help me
    Bull sh*t stops when lights go green
    Mk5 1.4 16v, diblas flowmaster, lowered 35mm, 18" zito rims, custom built boot build, tinted all round

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    are you in brentwood essex ?? if so I Can get this fixed no problems for less

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah I am prob is it's in magnus and I don't no if what there saying is true or not

Can you get valves before the 30th then
    Bull sh*t stops when lights go green
    Mk5 1.4 16v, diblas flowmaster, lowered 35mm, 18" zito rims, custom built boot build, tinted all round

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed_bush View Post
    Yeah I am prob is it's in magnus and I don't no if what there saying is true or not

Can you get valves before the 30th then
    I know that dealers
    They have always been good to me
    I can get the engine replaced or rebuilt no probs at all
    when ever you want
    Give me a call

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I had a Call around a few People I know some one that Will Rebuild that 1.3 for you
    £1000 and he has all the new parts in stock as he dose them for the Dealers
    He could even pick the car up from the dealers if wanted