Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Error code 1540

Astra 2003 1.7dti.

Have had the code (1540) for a few days, I guess its something to do with the airconditioning or could some other fault trigger it as well.

Thanks in advance.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This is the description for the fault code, cant tell you what it means though...
    P1540 Air Bypass Valve Circuit Malfunction

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi everyone,

I need help on this. I am getting P1540 code by pin test since I have no scanner. I tried to clear the ECU by disconnecting the battery terminals for several minutes but the code is still there. My car is an Astra G MK4 and the a/c is not blowing cold air. The magnetic clutch on the compressor engages when the cooling is switched on however, the rad and condenser fans are not spinning. I assume that no matter what the engine temperature is, the fans should turn when A/C is on, right? Additionally, even if the temp reaches around 90 degrees, fans still won't spin. The aircon tech checked the pressure in the low line and measured 40 (is it normal or high?). Anyway, the mechanic said there is enough refrigerant in the system and he said that the compressor has already failed. I do not believe him since what he only did is to take the low line pressure and noting else. So please guys, if anyone has experienced similar problem, kindly share your thoughts on fixing it. Many thanks in advanced.