Thread: Get the astra

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Get the astra

Hi folks, Thinking of swaping my corsa 1.2 sxi 138k for a astra 1.6 sxi 5dr its done 68k but if i swap it i plan on taking the spoiler off, debadge and getting smoked lexus lights. Think i should go through with this if everything is ok...

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 127KB.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x768 and weights 211KB.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Certainly worthwhile from a mileage point of view... that Astra's mileage is pretty good for the year. Be aware however that if it's not already had it, you'll want a timing belt and possibly water pump on it before too long as they'll be on their way out shortly. Also, I can't see the spoiler clearly on your pics but if it's secured to the boot lid in the middle, you might need to flatten this out before you paint it as it will have rippled the boot and could cause puddles to sit in that area. If it's a genuine spoiler most VX ones just have two screws either side of the boot lid at the edges and these can be covered up easily on a black car

The standard Astra won't be as taut as your corsa in the bends, but if you've got plans for it then that shouldn't matter. Engine wise, the 1.6 can be taken upwards of 130bhp without too much hassle. The 1.8's are good for 150bhp with a few ££. 2.2's are good engines but from experience - I found them a little expensive in parts. The ultimate is a Z20LET (2.0 Turbo) or Z20LEH (VXR Unit). Both are 200bhp+ and IMHO the mk4 chassis handles torque steer a lot better than newer VXR Mk5's.

From a styling point of view the Corsa and Astra as you know have just about every panel, nut, bolt, etc you can buy on the aftermarket scene. There's also a wealth of gear available from Germany under the Opel banner for the Astra. I got a good number of bits from FK Automotiv. Hope someone with a 1.6 Hatch comes along to give you some more advice and best o' luck with your Astra if you get it dude

Cheers,
    John H
    Astra Coupe 2.2 2.0T - S/S Exhaust-Viper Induction-Collins D/V-17" Alloys-Twin Visor LCDs-Alpine ICE-Lit f/wells-Snooper-Postert GT-1 Full Wide-Arch Touring Car Bodykit