Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

headlights

i have read through loads of post and i cant seem to find the answer
    ( sorry if i have missed it i just want a straight answer )

what is the brightest bulb i can get i dont really wont hid's

all i wont is a decent bulb that gives good visabilty as i do a lot of night driving and looks good but most of all i wont it legal
    Bull sh*t stops when lights go green
    Mk5 1.4 16v, diblas flowmaster, lowered 35mm, 18" zito rims, custom built boot build, tinted all round

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    halfords 90% briter bulbs are good but they are about £20 each but most of the time they are on bogof
    "NO IM NOT DRUNK OFFICER IM JUST AVOIDING POTHOLLES!!"

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I use H7 Osram Nightbreaker headlights from ebay which were £11 including postage. Normal 55watt ones. Brighter than the standard bulbs and much brighter than the MTEC 4750K ones I put in the bin, they were like candles, absolute rubbish.
    The only thing with "brighter" headlights is sometimes they do not last as long, but only time will tell with the Osram Nightbreakers. I hope they last a while as changing them was a pain at first, but once you get the hang of it, it takes about a minute. Osram have brought out a newer version of the nightbreaker, but whether the bulb is any different is anyones guess.

I avoid the lights with tinted glass or blue ones as I have found that the nearer to pure white or blue they are, the lower the light output. That's why the Osram Nightbreaker are far better and give a noticable improvement. You don't need to pay a lot, just read a few reviews. I bought some "bright white" sidelights from halfords, again, fairly blue in colour. They were nowhere near as bright as standard either, but brighter than the MTEC W5W ones.

I've previously used Osram Silverstar and they were OK too. I wouldn't pay a fortune for them or believe all the adverts. One thing I wouldn't advise is running bulbs of a higher rating.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Might give the nightbreaker ones a go then

I have got the blue ones out of halfords and the only time they are bright is if it's complete darkness the rest of time the indercators are bright

I just don't wanna go out and waste money if there rubbish
    Bull sh*t stops when lights go green
    Mk5 1.4 16v, diblas flowmaster, lowered 35mm, 18" zito rims, custom built boot build, tinted all round

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Philips xtreme vision I think their called is what I use, and they are pretty damned good. Although cost an arm and leg (well £20 delivered on eBay)