Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question Speedo clocks

Hi

Does anyone know if the speedo clocks (the whole unit with rev counter, fuel gauge, etc) in the astra coupe 2.2 are the same as the ones in the 1.8 and 2.0 turbo?

Need to replace mine and going to get it second hand!

Also, is the glove box easily replaced? ....My astra coupe is falling apart a little!

Thank you

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Clocks I have no clue about, but the glovebox is only 3 screws along the top and 3 along the bottom (torx headed iirc, T20).

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks mikey do you know if it's possible to replace only the glovebox door?

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Speedos are interchangeable - try and get a similar one with same max speed.
    Then consider getting the mileage changed to match your current mileage.

Dont know where you are in the world, you've not filled in your location on your profile....

For second hand bits try one of our supporting traders such as www.astraparts.co.uk or indeed our classifieds.

Be mindful if you have a factory CD changer in your glovebox....

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coo View Post
    Speedos are interchangeable - try and get a similar one with same max speed.
    Then consider getting the mileage changed to match your current mileage.

Dont know where you are in the world, you've not filled in your location on your profile....

For second hand bits try one of our supporting traders such as www.astraparts.co.uk or indeed our classifieds.

Be mindful if you have a factory CD changer in your glovebox....
    Opps sorry, I've just added my info..... so as long as it has the same max speed, i can take any speedo cluster from any mark4 astra? very handy! I have seen a few on ebay, but will check that site also.

Thank you!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    yeah, any speedo clock from any mk4 will fit your car, it will then need op-coming or tech2 to get the milage from your engine to display on the clocks

to stop you putting in lower milage clocks and thinking its done less than it has

as for the glove box, its surely just as cheap to buy a whole new glove box again from ebay or our classifieds
    G t c

soon!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Fab that makes it much eaiser to replace! i'm not trying to get my mileage down in a dodgy way or anything, my engine temp gauge is broke and the LCD screen displaying the mileage only works when the car has been turned on for about 30 mins. I've found a garage that will put it back to the original mileage

Thanks for your help everyone!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    no need to get the same max speed ones at all

just make sure they have a 7k RPM redline

the reason being, Diesel clocks have 6k redline and arent compatible

no need to look at coupe models either, any MK4 petrol clocks will fit.

Ideally however, try to get some from a 2000+ model as these are different style wise and look much smarter. Identifiable as the revs are 0-70 (x100) as opposed to earlier clocks which are 0-7 (x1000)

There is absolutely no legal requirement to adjust the mileage either! If the clocks have a lower mileage for instance than your car has, this is perfectly legal

The only possible problem is if the car is being sold, and any potential new owner is NOT notified of this issue - only then it becomes a legal issue.

HTH

** Out of interest how much is this garage charging to adjust the mileage? I would seriously suggest u ask in your regional forum on here, im positive a local member could adjust the mileage free of charge - i would if u were local. So im sure local guys will do so.

Changing clocks themselves takes about 5mins so i would consider the options before parting with your hard earned

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeordieBandit View Post
    no need to get the same max speed ones at all

just make sure they have a 7k RPM redline

the reason being, Diesel clocks have 6k redline and arent compatible

no need to look at coupe models either, any MK4 petrol clocks will fit.

Ideally however, try to get some from a 2000+ model as these are different style wise and look much smarter. Identifiable as the revs are 0-70 (x100) as opposed to earlier clocks which are 0-7 (x1000)

There is absolutely no legal requirement to adjust the mileage either! If the clocks have a lower mileage for instance than your car has, this is perfectly legal

The only possible problem is if the car is being sold, and any potential new owner is NOT notified of this issue - only then it becomes a legal issue.

HTH

** Out of interest how much is this garage charging to adjust the mileage? I would seriously suggest u ask in your regional forum on here, im positive a local member could adjust the mileage free of charge - i would if u were local. So im sure local guys will do so.

Changing clocks themselves takes about 5mins so i would consider the options before parting with your hard earned
    I'm taking my car to get the EGR valve sorted at the garage tomorrow (one other problem on my list lol) so I'm going to get a quote to see how much they'll charge then. I never realised I wasn't legaly obliged to reset the mileage though! that's quite handy. I'll be able to widen my search now anyway as I intially thought I had to have a specific sporty cluster! Thank you

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    u just having a new EGR valve fitted?

hope its a genuine Delphi branded one..... the others simply dont work!

that too is like a 2min job and would have advised u to tackle itself or get a local member to help out

but if youd rather pay someone - c'est la vie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast