Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Vauxhall 2nd worst car maker?

Yahoo

Vauxhall 2nd and Alfa in top 4??

Best and worst car makers named
    The readers of the influential What Car? website have named Skoda the best car manufacturer 2010. It's yet another award for the Czech company, which also picked up the Best Small Family Car award for the Octavia.

However, Saab's recent resurgence has suffered a setback, as it was named worst manufacturer overall. The Swedish company has spent most of 2010 in transition, having been sold to Dutch firm Spyker by its former American owner, General Motors.

More surprising is the fact that Lexus featured in the bottom ten. The Japanese company and is more used to taking top reliability and customer satisfaction prizes.

German firm Volkswagen's place in the bottom three us something of a shock too, as it is also associated with reliability.

The What Car? Awards took the opinions of more than 30,000 readers this year, ranking individual cars in various categories. The full list of winners is below, but the BMW 1 Series Coupé finished highest overall, and the Ford Focus CC convertible was the lowest.

Of the BMW, What Car? Editor Steve Fowler said: "The results suggest that no one ever regrets buying a 1 Series Coupé, with the vast majority of readers dishing out a full five-star verdict."

Top ten manufacturers:

1. Skoda
    2. Porsche
    3. Daihatsu
    4. Alfa Romeo
    5. Hyundai
    6. Jaguar
    7. SEAT
    8. Jeep
    9. Mitsubishi
    10. BMW

Bottom ten:

1. Saab
    2. Vauxhall
    3. Volkswagen
    4. Peugeot
    5. Chevrolet
    6. Toyota
    7. Ford
    8. Lexus
    9. Land Rover
    10. Renault

hmm discuss

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I wonder if the Insignia has anything to do with that?
    I've heard of them breaking quite a bit, but what do you expect with a car that's totally new?

If vauxhall really were shite, how do you explain why there are so many astras and corsas around? :P

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Imo I think it is the more Vauxhalls on the road than any other manufacture.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Is this poll from actual car drivers ?!? Daihatsu in the top 3 lmao ? Get out of here !!!!
    PSN: Stan-H-
    My Autobiography

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cant be for reliability because alfas have to be one on the worst!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Amazes me how some of the cheaper car manufacturers come higher than the big boys (Ford, Vauxhall etc).

Seems to me Its whichever maker gives them the most money, Goes the highest in the poles!

Same with the car of the year aswell!
    Causing Madness & Destruction Since 1987!
    See what I did with my Astra on the link below!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Seriously, your listening to yahoo about cars? i drive atleast 200 miles a day, along the motorways, and there are far more vauxhalls than any other car imo. So everybody is buying crap cars ay? i think not ^^
    Arden VXR

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    to be honest it comes down to expectation. vauxhall should be producing better cars than they actually are. skoda, however always get slammed and there is still quite a bit of stigma attached to owning one.

my experience with skoda has been amazing! my parents have just bought their second octavia 1.9 tdi and its awesome. for the money that you spend new i am very impressed.
    i now drive their W reg octavia for my commute to lincoln once a week (300mile round trip) and even with 250k miles on the clock its a very good car.

maybe its because i dont expect much from them but i think they deserve their place in the top 10

Status
    The Sticker Queen
    Mentioned in
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeySxi View Post
    Seriously, your listening to yahoo about cars? i drive atleast 200 miles a day, along the motorways, and there are far more vauxhalls than any other car imo. So everybody is buying crap cars ay? i think not ^^
    Don't forget that a reasonable percentage of those Vauxhalls you see are likely to be company cars and so people have been stuck with them rather than chosen them. A lot of fleet companies take on Vxls.

The same could be said for BMWs etc but their owners tend to be slightly happier about owning them I would guess.

Also, what are Vauxhall in the bottom ten for? Is it that the owners don't like the cars, don't like the price, don't like the service or maybe the aftercare available etc. A few more details would be nice.

On a side note, I wonder why Toyota are in the bottom bunch, maybe it is all those dodgy Prius that have done them no favours.
    MINXY BUTLER-HENDERSON

Status
    AOC Gold Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    But Lau, private sales have seen the Astra top the polls for a long time. The J has out sold the Focus and Golf, and before that the H was outselling everything in it's class.

Also, the poll is from WhatCar readers. I honestly don't know anybody who reads WhatCar? magazine.
    Gaz

No longer owns an Astra

Bye bye VXR Castle Combe Edition - because it's done more laps of Castle Combe than most Bergs have of the Ring

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast