Thread: Powerflow exhaust systems

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Powerflow exhaust systems

I wondered if anyone here has a Powerflow straight through exhaust or an Irmscher backbox with a Powerflow centre section as i'd like to know if anyone recommends Powerflow. Thanks

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Powerflow are only as good as the stockist who makes them. I had 2 Powerflows from one supplier.

The first was on my Corsa and whilst the quality was ok, the sound was not what I really wanted.

The second, fitted to my Coupe was a steaming pile of jizz. I asked for a nice mid range sound that was noticeable, but not so as to annoy. Instead I got a system with a massive backbox and no sound other than an annoying rattle at low speeds when lifting off the accelerator. The stockist blamed the car's engine for the noise which was proved to be bollocks as soon as I junked it in favour of a Remus setup. I had to flog it a year later for £60. I told the guy it needed work and he did indeed have to re-weld some of it!

I'd suggest talking to some other people in your area who can recommend a stockist. Lots of people have been happy with their Powerflow exhausts.
    I>< Silver Coupe ><I

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the advice its just that i've spotted one on eBay, looks like its had some use but if it makes it sound good i won't be fussed.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...T#ht_499wt_964

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Bit of a roulette if you dont know what stockist made it though? Also, its a flange fitment where it will join the backbox, just make sure your backbox is too. Some are a sleeve fitment.
    I>< Silver Coupe ><I