Thread: Is anyone/does anyone know a driving instructor.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Is anyone/does anyone know a driving instructor.

I have been thinking about becoming a Driving Instructor for some time now. I love driving, cars and talking to people. This sounds pretty anal, but I loved lerning to drive and studying the highway code, and I always like to analyse different driving situations when I'm on the road.

Anyway I am now pretty passionate about following this through, but I have some doubts about the instructor training courses that are available.

I have read that some Driving Schools are actually thinly veiled organisations that make their money from selling overpriced courses which make big promises about passing and earning up to £30,000 a year, but which in fact deliver training of a very poor quality and leave students heavily out of pocket. I have also heard that the franchise fees can be high, despite their failings to deliver a sufficient number of pupils to the instructor.

My question is, does anyone have any experience of becoming a driving instructor, or know someone who has undertaken the course? Who did they train with and was their experience good or bad?

My fiancee and I want to start a family after we get married next year, but I need to buy a bigger house first. I therefore dont want to squander some of my deposit on a course and then not be able to move house.

Can anyone help?
    I>< Silver Coupe ><I

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've passed my part 2 test and I'm with "red" instructor training........errrm I'll send you a pm instead mate

EDIT: pm sent buddy
    >>Diary<< Status: ...........Slow and Steady.... may update more often...
    Last Updated: 27/10/2014

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not myself but my sister looked into it a lot. From lots that i've read, watched and heard (just google it or try and find some of them consumer ripoff programmes online) avoid Red. Quoted 'salary up to...' figures are also normally optimistic unless youre doing 12 hours days (applies to any driving instructor jobs) as there seem to be quite a lot of instructors about, although that obviosuly depends on your local area.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My brothers a driving instructor. He said the training was quite intense but he really enjoyed it

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks for the replies guys (and Pm ). I'm really glad I asked around on the subject. Its definetly not for me and as I'm also looking for a new hous with the Mrs, I cannot afford to risk some of the deposit on a course that I am not all that likely to get a great deal out of

Back to the drawing board lol.
    I>< Silver Coupe ><I