Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you get hassle for your exhaust?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Do you get hassle for your exhaust?

Loud/loudish exhaust owners!
    Do you get hassle from your neighbours? Like much?
    Or even your own house residents ;D?

The mother just had a go before because i sat in the car for a fews mins to let the heaters get going (icy windows, 0.5C here!!), and its too loud apparently, which will lead to neighbours complaining.
    As of yet ive not had anyone say anything, but its a quietish estate, and ive seen a few people peer out of windows after a startup.

Might this be a start of a bad situation?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Don't really care what they say around here. If i get moaned at for having a slightly louder car, Why doesn't the bloke over the road get moaned at for having a BMW M5 With straight through pipes on it?

Mine sounds like a whisper compared to that, Even my bike bouncing off the limiter aint no match for that thing, Sounds soo good though!
    Causing Madness & Destruction Since 1987!
    See what I did with my Astra on the link below!

Status
    SRi Turbo :)
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I live at the bottom of a 3 house private drive. and the person at the top house (1st one in the drive) doesnt have a car so she lets me park my car outside hers. Now i leave for work every morning at 5am, and my mum and dad have said they sometimes here me (bearing in mind they are 30 metres away) and they dont like it, but as its my car they arent too botherd.

Now, the middle neighbour hates it, i know for a fact, our family have had our differences anyway over the years so its no suprise, but the bloke has moaned so many times and always stares out the window when he hears me. yet again i dont care lol.

the lady whose house i park outside is disabled, and partialy deaf, although i check whenever i see her i'm not causing a problem and she never says a bad thing so i'm happy

**** the haters! hehe

Status
    Turbo Jizz Golfer !
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    This is something I had thought about before I decided on my exhaust for the Golf.

At the end, I settled for a resonated system because I work early shifts and I leave for work before some of the neighbours even wake up. I rather make friends with the neighbours than enemies

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've never had any problems, I live on a fairly quiet estate where there are a few older (and usually miserable lol) folks and nobody has said anything. But yeah like you guys I couldn't care less what other people think.
    I park in a multi storey car park for work and there may be a slight issue with alarms going off when I start my car sometimes lol but still nobody has said anything... never been caught yet mind :P
    "With half the race gone, there is half the race still to go": Murray Walker

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    These comments are what i thought :P
    I get on with my neighbours, some have even stopped and asked about the car and that, so i dont think they will give me any shit.
    However, if they do, i again couldnt give a sheeet
    I keep it at lowest revs as possible and im never out at stupid oclock in the morning, so they have no reason to be too annoyed.
    My dads 1600cc shovelhead with straight through pipes never bothered them, so why my car

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    thankfully mine are ok but my street is a slow decline the way i always come so i knock it off half way round and roll the rest of the way and if it goes in the garage i pull the clutch out when i start it so it doesnt rev too high
    Rolling in a: 57 Astra 1.7 SRi CDTi with X-Pack in Black (145K Miles).
    61 Corsa 1.4 SRi With X-pack in Silver

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    exactly, **** the haters

the only problem i have with my exhaust is it knocks under the car haha
    G t c

soon!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have to say it's something that annoys me. I have a young family and the last thing I need is for some inconsiderate **** to start up their car at 5am with ahuge exhaust and proceed to sit their for 20 minutes, reving their engine, as their car defrosts! Luckily I now live in a nice quiet estate and don't have this problem.

I've no problem at all with modified cars, but it's the lack of consideration for others that annoys me.
    1999 Astra CDX 1.8 16v Auto Estate

14th December 2012 - 200,000 miles

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Shame that doing this is really bad for the engine...having a centre silencer means my Cybox setup is hardly any different to standard noise levels when idling, not that I leave the car to warm up in the mornings, rather have a few minutes of cold driving and manual ice scraping (brass blade ice scraper, amazing!) than unknown amounts of engine wear.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast