Thread: Astra J with no faults

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Astra J with no faults

I've read so many threads which are critical of the Mk 6, I thought I would start a thread for owners who are very happy with the J.

I for one is delighted with my SRI 1.4T, I think it is a grand car, it's holding together very well, no rattles, vibrations, no air or water leaks into the cab. Fuel economy is excellent, performance is more than adequate, style and design is much better than it's competitors, I don't think there is any comparison between the current Focus and Golf.

I wonder if I'm only one of a very few who have received an Astra J with little or no faults......I can't believe that. But what I do believe is that many potential Astra buyers will have second thoughts if they log into this site.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Astra J VXR
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Add Moonman on Facebook
    Sorry Bud but Gaz beat you to it.

See Here:

http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=279949
    Summit White Astra J GTC VXR 2.0L Petrol Turbo (276 PS) with Aero Pack and 20's

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by *desk* View Post
    I've read so many threads which are critical of the Mk 6, I thought I would start a thread for owners who are very happy with the J.

I for one is delighted with my SRI 1.4T, I think it is a grand car, it's holding together very well, no rattles, vibrations, no air or water leaks into the cab. Fuel economy is excellent, performance is more than adequate, style and design is much better than it's competitors, I don't think there is any comparison between the current Focus and Golf.

I wonder if I'm only one of a very few who have received an Astra J with little or no faults......I can't believe that. But what I do believe is that many potential Astra buyers will have second thoughts if they log into this site.
    thats the whole idea,let people know what they are in for ,wish someone had told me,i think for the money they cost they should have been a lot better,hopefully you wont have problems,but dont hold your breath !,the cars are apauling,and vauxhall need to get themselves on the ball or they will be in big trouble from warranty claims,just got another recall for mine today .

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonman View Post
    Sorry Bud but Gaz beat you to it.

See Here:

http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=279949
    It didn't get very far, did it mate.......so I'm giving it another chance, OK?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You go for it ,i will keep quiet for now

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffk View Post
    thats the whole idea,let people know what they are in for ,wish someone had told me,i think for the money they cost they should have been a lot better,hopefully you wont have problems,but dont hold your breath !,the cars are apauling,and vauxhall need to get themselves on the ball or they will be in big trouble from warranty claims,just got another recall for mine today .
    Agreed, my problems are almost a carbon copy of the ones that jeffk experienced with his car. I wish I had waited until this model was at least a year old before buying one. Vauxhall Customer Service are a joke

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm with *Desk*. My Mk 6 1.6 Exclusiv is 5 month old, with only 3600 miles on he clock. There have been no, repeat no, problems.

OK, it's been in for the wiper clip, BCM software upgrade and one more item ion the recalls, but the problems hadn't manifested themselves.

It's like most things, I guess, most satisfied customers don't say anything!
    Cheers

Richard

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I love my J. Best car I have owned and better than the 1.9CDTi Sport Hatch I traded in which I also loved. Only had it since September though so early days!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Drives
    Astra J VXR
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Add Moonman on Facebook
    Alright, chill winston.
    Summit White Astra J GTC VXR 2.0L Petrol Turbo (276 PS) with Aero Pack and 20's

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The whole point was there is already a thread started for this, why not add to the current one. That several people have already posted in?

What are we going to do start another thread every month or two and have the same people post in it every time?
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveDempsey View Post
    Hey atleast MOTing your car should be a lot simpler than MOTing your EX. Replacing a worn out bush on a car is far easier.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast