Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: astra mk 4 multi info display ( trip comp )

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

astra mk 4 multi info display ( trip comp )

few months ago i managed to get a replacement trip computer display for my mk 4 as my original one was suffering from missing pixels. i didnt go to vx as they were wanting over £300 for a new one but vx parts said there was a few to choose from so i would need the part number from the failing one to get an exact match. i thought these wouldve just beed plug and play so managed to get one from ebay which had come out an astra gsi. my own astra is a 1.6 8v z16se. since i fitted the replacement one ive noticed the consumption isnt what it used to be, i could get the car up to 44-46 mpg whilst the old unit was connected but now it goes to about 42 mpg on a longer run but the shortly goes back down to the 30s mpg. seems to be displaying the car as a gutsy *******. phoned vx today to see if it needs tech 2'd in but the woman on the phone wasnt sure and wanted to book the car in and charge me for a diagnostic which she doesnt even know will work or if possible to programme this trip comp onto my astra so i just left. however theres another place close to me that has tech 2, spoke to the chap on the phone today and explained it to him and he says theres an option on the tech 2 which enables the trip comp to be re-callibrated. just wondering if this would solve my problem and if any of you have replaced your mk 4 trip comp and come across this ?

basically just want the info to be accurate like it used to be. i understand that with the display coming from a gsi that it might be set up differently.

thanks.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    yes you need tech 2 to set the correct index code to your cars engine and wheel size, it will still be programmed for the Z20let
    ARDEN BLUE GSI

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    so this can be programmed to my z16se without any issues ?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Tyre Size - Code Index
    175/70 R14, 185/65 R14, 215/40 R17 022

185/70 R14, 185/65 R15, 195/60 R15, 205/50 R16 023

this is the index code for z16se tyre size dependant
    ARDEN BLUE GSI

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    thats excellent buddy. thanks. can you quickly talk me through the procedure if you know? just so i can tell the chap with the tech 2 thatl be doing it. my tyres are 195/60 r15.

thanks again.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Of the top of my head don't know sorry
    ARDEN BLUE GSI

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've often wondered about this as my speedo doesn't match the MFD , So I'm not sure if the rest of the readings are correct , Anyone know if this can be sorted on OPCOM ?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phil w View Post
    I've often wondered about this as my speedo doesn't match the MFD , So I'm not sure if the rest of the readings are correct , Anyone know if this can be sorted on OPCOM ?
    Pretty sure its Tech 2 only I'm afraid. I had to get mine done last year - cost me about £20. Although they did initially program it to the wrong engine, I had to go back and tell them the correct program number...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    According to the chart I have (part of Measorpaul's how-to) shows the Z16SE is Tech2 code 023 or 024. I'm assuming that Tech2 must be used. <edit> these codes are slightly different from Windrew's so proceed with a little caution......

The guide also says:
    Programming
    Press both buttons on the stalk for 3 seconds and it will give you some info so you know what the trip is programmed for, it may need changing for more accurate info
    I obviously can't vouch for this as I haven't tried it.........PM your email addy and I'll send the guide over to save you searching for it ....
    Whiteline RARB & Strut Brace with Eibach Pro, Bilstein B4s & RnD Droplinks - FARB Powerflex'd

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Tbh it should come up on the tech 2 what code index you will need but as said use these as a rough guide
    ARDEN BLUE GSI

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast