Thread: Dumpvalve ? lol

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dumpvalve ? lol

I've heard so many different opinions about the baileys dumpvalve and different ways of fitting it, what I want to know is if there is actually any advantage to having a dumpy, and if I fit it will I loose power as when it dumps its gnna take longer for the turbo to spool? I've already got one fitted but I can't make my mind up what to do with it lol
    Cheers

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    heard plenty bad stories especially on baileys but all cars seem to be different i have baileys on mine and put a forge blanking plate as the oe was leaking but goona put forge recirculating on with solid boost pipe to replace the butchered one

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There are many differing views on fitting dumpvalves.... Some people believe them essential to prevent back pressure and turbo stall on the compressor wheel by bleeding off excess boost. Some people believe that dumpvalves can have a negative effect on turbo engines.. Depending upon what car forums you visit or depending upon what car drivers you talk to, you will find pros and cons for their usuage.

It is possible to lose a slight amount of power from running one, some people on here have lost anywhere from 5bhp to approx 20bhp.. This increase is usually high if the dumpvalve is leaking..
    Star Silver SRI Turbo..'Red.Dot Reloaded'..Cybox Precat, Cybox Catback SS Exhaust..K&N Panel Filtered...9Ltr EDS SMIC!!.....

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My car runs alot smoother with the evoms recirc valve, I tried baileys it was crap, power was noticably down, I fitted collins, sounded the dogs danglies but again power loss everytime it dumped, slow to build pressure back up

evoms or forge recirc sounds great and alot better than any atmospheric valve or std diaphram
    End of an era - She's gone to a good home

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I was goin to get a forge anywayz but you've just made me justify spendin the money on one lol where can I get the other make you mentioned? Cheers

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Star Silver SRI Turbo..'Red.Dot Reloaded'..Cybox Precat, Cybox Catback SS Exhaust..K&N Panel Filtered...9Ltr EDS SMIC!!.....

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've got the full forge kit (dv and plate). Mine runs great and sounds nice with no hesitation.
    I do have a vectra intake and a piper panel filter too though.
    *** 2003 GSi - DROPPED 40MM - FULL SCORPION SYSTEM -PIPER PANEL FILTER - FORGE DUMP VALVE - FROUNT MOUNT INTERCOOLER - STAGE 2 MAP - VXR TURBO - RUNNING 260BHP ***