Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vauxhall techs are colour blind!!!!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Vauxhall techs are colour blind!!!!

really anal about my cars, recently cleaned my insignia and notice that a bit of laquar was peeling off one of the wheels, and there was also some runs in the paint on the wheel. took it back to vauxhall and they explained that before i bought it, the wheel was refurbed and they agreed it wasnt a good job.....so, they had no problem booking me in for another refurb.
    took the car in, had my salemans astra J 1.4turbo which for the day which was nice.
    they phoned me to say it was finished, so i picked it up on the way to work.

the refurbed is on the rear....NOTICE THE COMPLETE DIFFERENT COLOUR!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

now i understand the painter (outside contractor) was handed a wheel and told to paint, but for the techicians to put it back on the car and say it was fine is a bit of a pi55 take.....they know how anal i am, especially when it came in as it had a little bit of flaking!

so, after looking at it up close, it is a rubbish refurb job anyway (even if the colour was correct) so vauxhall are sending it to a paint shop to be done there, rather than a mobile painter with a spray can!
    Mr Tickle was very excited about marrying Tess...

Tess wasn't too sure of her new name

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ..you should have asked for two to be done, so at least they'll be the same if you keep them on one side of the car...

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    These guys who come round in a van are crap anyway. I bought the GSi and the wheels were kerbed, the salesman volunteered to have them refurbished to which I said no as I would rather they were kerbed than painted in a sandstorm by Stevie Wonder. Instead I asked them to give me the £100 - £120 it would cost them to have them painted and I would put the cash towards having them dipped and powder coated myself. They refused and painted them... bombscare.

Anyways, if I was you I'd have asked for a replacement wheel from another car... least that way it'd be original and unrefurbished.

Also, another thread tarring all the techs with the same brush... their job is to remove and refit the wheel, not paint it. The SINGLE tech in question may have pointed it out but been told to fit it regardless so hardly fair to call "Vauxhall techs colour blind"

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Do you have other settings on your camera?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coo View Post
    ..you should have asked for two to be done, so at least they'll be the same if you keep them on one side of the car...
    i did say to the saleman, 'i dont care if there pink, as long as they all match', think that might come back to bite me in the ass

Quote Originally Posted by LEE69 View Post
    Do you have other settings on your camera?
    taken with a blackberry, whys that?

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2DD - Turbodave View Post
    Also, another thread tarring all the techs with the same brush... their job is to remove and refit the wheel, not paint it. The SINGLE tech in question may have pointed it out but been told to fit it regardless so hardly fair to call "Vauxhall techs colour blind"

ok then, if thats the case, vauxhall service department manager is a numpty....hope thats better

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Status
    AOC Lite Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I used to be a sprayer, if having to paint one alloy its a pain in the backside to match up to the other wheels, most of the time im having to do the whole set so they all match.

Might be better off doing the whole lot if your that fussy.....
    2002 Astra Coupe Bertone 1.8 16v= Sold

Status
    The Sticker Queen
    Mentioned in
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2DD - Turbodave View Post
    These guys who come round in a van are crap anyway.

Bit of a contradiction isn't it? In one breath you're tarring all the mans in vans with one brush and then complaining of the same thing below.

The majority of those who are out in vans have come from a bodyshop anyway. It's not as if they have just plucked people off the street.

It is very hard to match wheels as they do not come with colour codes so it makes life a bit difficult to match just one wheel.
    MINXY BUTLER-HENDERSON

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Am i the only one who can't see the difference?

I click the pic to zoom in yet it's still the same postage stamp sized pic.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast