Thread: Astra Audio mk4

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Astra Audio mk4

Hello i have a silver astra mk4 (i think, havent used that term before), its a 2001 model it currently has a cdr 500 audio i believe (this one)

[IMG]file:///C:/Users/TOMPC%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG]

I believe this is the one which came with the car? anywaysssss i had to change the battery and the bugger is in safe mode and wants the code now and the codes on the car pass dont work so what aftermarket audio players will work with the steering wheel audio controls and the display? i really dont want to get an aftermarket player to replace this one if i will lose the use of the display and steeringwheel controls...

THANKS A LOT....

tom

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I don't think any aftermarket ones will just connect straight to the steering controls you normally got to buy a extra cable for the pacific make of headunit for it to work hope this is th answer you was after

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi to do this you will need an adaptor which will connect to your original wiring and then to your hea unit of choice this is around £30

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...s_id/7086.html

Also you need a patch lead depending on which make of stereo you choose

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro...tch-leads.html

They about £7, however you are probably better to just phone your local VX dealer and get the code for your original stereo if you don't really wanna change.

Hope this helps

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Welcome mate

As mentioned above your going to need adaptors to do this. Getting the steering wheel controls to work is pretty straight forward as most of the know makes have this option but to get the display to work too is a bit harder as you'll be very limited to headunits and the adaptors are expensive.

The thing to remember is all the radio and cd info will be displayed on the new stereo and you'll still have the time on the top display
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ahh adapters ok, thanks for the help so far guys!!!

also i was scouring the internet for solutions and someone mentioned a VDO CD441XED which apparantly will connect straight into my astra CDR 500 slot and work straight away with the steeringwheel controls and Display, is this true? if so does anyone know anyone who has it if its a decent product? i cant find anywhere that sells it thou its not on ebay or amazon its weird its as if no where sells this product at all

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    It's probably a model that was discontinued 5 years or so ago. I seem to remember fitting one many years ago and it worked with the steering wheel controls and mfd

Have you thought about taking the headunit out, taking the number off the side of it starting with "GM" and then getting the code from that
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ahh nevermind on that one then lol, is there no others that will work directly?

and yea i can get the number and ring vauxhall up but they want money to decode it so i thought nows better than ever to get a better audio player lol