Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hello from N.IRELAND!

A big hello from NORTHERN IRELAND!

Hope all is well with everyone! Was on another local car forum, decided to check out this Astra forum after owning my astra a couple of months, so here I am! I'm Matty, 19 and from Belfast, Northern Ireland. Second vauxhall in my life! Started off with a Corsa C 1.2 SXi when I passed my test! Loved it, gave me no bother at all. Drove it for a year then decided it was time to move on! Bought myself a Glanza, kept it for 6 months, then sold it, and in the space from June to September I had bought and sold a VTR and a Civic. Had a few problems with each of the cars apart from the corsa, so I thought to myself, lets go back to Vauxhall! Was sick of chopping and changing cars, so went for something newer, less miles, and due to my age for insurance - something that looked well instead of going fast! I'd looked about Golfs, Leons etc, but my mate had just bought a red 07 Astra SXi and I loved it. Hunted everywhere in Northern Ireland for a white Astra, as I wasn't going to settle with any other colour! After a lot of searching, It returned no joys! I was devistated that I couldn't get a white one. Every dealer I went to told me they were like hens teeth to get, gutted! Decided it would have to be black, grey or red! Didn't want a red one as my mate had just bought one, had just sold a black civic so wanted something different. Found a nice 2009 1.6 SXi Astra in grey with the XP kit on it and loved it. Pretty much decided on buying it when my mates brother (who works for Vauxhall) rang me and said, "Don't buy anything until you come to see me". So I waited out, went to see him the next day. Couldn't believe my eyes when I pulled up and seen a white Astra sitting there. Turned out it was 2008, 1.4 SXi. Yes, a year older, and yes .2cc smaller engine but very similar miles to they grey one. It also had the kit on it. Thought to myself, I might aswell go for the white one as I prefare it, will be keeping it a few years, so no point getting the grey one just for the sake of a bigger engine and a year newer! Had to go for the white! Here she is when I got it!

If you want to follow the progress of my car you can follow it HERE!

From I bought it I done a few subtle mods you can see in my progress thread, but here is how she's sitting today.

Excuse the crappy phone pics, awaiting a pro shoot from my cousin when he gets his new house sorted!

Let me hear your comments and critisism, hopefully more good than bad, but lets make it constructive

PROGRESS THREAD HERE

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    welcome to aoc fella.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome fella, the black mods look cool with the white car.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks guys. I had headlights in my corsa, I think they are called projector headlights? They suited the HID's perfectly and didn't dazzle other drivers. The best way I can explain them is the bulb was behind a ball, if anyone knows what I'm talking about? Can you get these for the astra's as HID's are awesome but I don't want to be blinding people!

Pretty sure these are of an astra

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Toying with the idea of an exhaust system or backbox. Had one on the corsa, wasn't too loud. Don't want a really loud one, just perhaps one with a nice note of it, and not too loud. The cars coming together well, looks the part, but just sounds like nothing. End of day its only a 1.4 so don't want people hearing me miles before they see me if you understand? Views / opinions?