Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: holiday or married abroad (luguna phuket)

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

holiday or married abroad (luguna phuket)

well iv been with my g,f for over 9 years, engaged for over 5 years , and she has said that she wants to get married. and heres me thinking geting engaged was enough

so we both like the idea of getting married abroad. infact 110% love the idea

here is where we are looking at the momment. which is looking more and more the place where it will be in end of 2012 or early 2013
    http://www.lagunaphuket.com/hotels/index.php

http://www.lagunaphuket.com/weddings/index.php

http://www.lagunaphuket.com/hotels/banyantree/index.php

would love to here from people that have been here or know any thing of it.

i would be very greatful for any helpful replys

kind regards paul

Status
    SRi Turbo :)
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I went to a wedding abroad about a month ago. and although the idea sounds good. its so much hassle and you can't expect everyone you want to be there to be able to make it, as everyones situations are different.

also as the brides parents were from cyprus (where the wedding was held) it was easier in that sense as they knew where everything was and organised things that would be difficult if you diddnt know the area.

saying that the wedding wasnt great because it was way too hot and not enough people could make it. the bride was late due to the wedding car being late.

just a few things to consider before you commit.

make sure you know the area well

make sure the people you most want to be there can make it

make sure you got enough money to do it!

dont go when its going to be ridiculously hot and busy (abroad most churches still allow tourists in even when weddings are going on)

make sure you love your GF enough to go through all the extra hassle of a wedding abroad lol

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Astra_SXI View Post
    I went to a wedding abroad about a month ago. and although the idea sounds good. its so much hassle and you can't expect everyone you want to be there to be able to make it, as everyones situations are different.

also as the brides parents were from cyprus (where the wedding was held) it was easier in that sense as they knew where everything was and organised things that would be difficult if you diddnt know the area.

saying that the wedding wasnt great because it was way too hot and not enough people could make it. the bride was late due to the wedding car being late.

just a few things to consider before you commit.

make sure you know the area well

make sure the people you most want to be there can make it

make sure you got enough money to do it!

dont go when its going to be ridiculously hot and busy (abroad most churches still allow tourists in even when weddings are going on)

make sure you love your GF enough to go through all the extra hassle of a wedding abroad lol
    sound advice taking onboard mate

but if we do go through with this we would get a wedding planner , which will sort every thing out, yeah we are only taking 10 people over with us (very close family) which will be able to make it, will plan date/time but the above is just a rough date 2012/2013

the church that we will be using is private the whole resort is a private resort from what iv read.

like said the advice is taking on board mate

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Totally opposite from me, I got married in Cuba just over a year ago, only a few of us went over which was perfect for the two of us. Everything was easily organised by the wedding co-ordinator, most done on the 1st day after arriving and VERY stress free, the day went perfectly and in no way could I have imagined my wedding day to be any better. We'd had 6 days in the sun to chill out and relax, got married and then the rest of the holiday was relaxation again.

In my opinion it was more about having a wedding for the two of us rather than pleasing everyone else. We had a lovely evening do when we got back with all the family and friends, the wife got to wear her dress again and it was a great night.

Do what's right for you and then worry about what everyone else is doing, its YOUR day not theirs....that's the way we looked at it. Down to the two of you though if having all the family around is the main thing for you. Each to there own

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i got married in florida 5 long long years ago 29 people went but to be fair both family's were talking bout going we just rail roaded them in to going at the same time and added the wedding only 5 people hadn't booked before wedding was mentioned best holiday ever. was sitting in shorts eating a burger king by the pool an hour before cremony loved it. my sis got married in cyprus last year only complaint was the cost as its euro zone but still good. Been to phuket twice but that was prob 20 years ago but loved that at the time i was a bit young but sure you could get a thai massage maybe even take the wife to be.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparco View Post
    Totally opposite from me, I got married in Cuba just over a year ago, only a few of us went over which was perfect for the two of us. Everything was easily organised by the wedding co-ordinator, most done on the 1st day after arriving and VERY stress free, the day went perfectly and in no way could I have imagined my wedding day to be any better. We'd had 6 days in the sun to chill out and relax, got married and then the rest of the holiday was relaxation again.

In my opinion it was more about having a wedding for the two of us rather than pleasing everyone else. We had a lovely evening do when we got back with all the family and friends, the wife got to wear her dress again and it was a great night.

Do what's right for you and then worry about what everyone else is doing, its YOUR day not theirs....that's the way we looked at it. Down to the two of you though if having all the family around is the main thing for you. Each to there own

just what i wanted to hear, glad it worked out for you mate

yeah we are seeing this as ''OUR'' day , but think her mother father and mine want to come (think for a hol really haha)

we have looked at cuba nd mexico just that thailand seems the better place (money- bang for your buck ) and want it perfect, and heard nothing but good things about thailand, just dont know which part to go to , is why i put the post up . as any feed back is good feed back more the better

again thanks for the reply

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by boyevo View Post
    i got married in florida 5 long long years ago 29 people went but to be fair both family's were talking bout going we just rail roaded them in to going at the same time and added the wedding only 5 people hadn't booked before wedding was mentioned best holiday ever. was sitting in shorts eating a burger king by the pool an hour before cremony loved it. my sis got married in cyprus last year only complaint was the cost as its euro zone but still good. Been to phuket twice but that was prob 20 years ago but loved that at the time i was a bit young but sure you could get a thai massage maybe even take the wife to be.

yeah would love the whole family to be there , just think it would be less of a hassle/let down if any thing goes wrong , keep it simple.

yeah looked at cyprs but as you say the euro is shoking now where once your at thailand it is very very cheap plus 5* it's just very costly geting there .

thank's for the reply/infor mate

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I got married out in Australlia 6 years ago.

As long as you're not after a big wedding, I'd recommend it to anyone.
    We had 4 people fly out for the wedding and another 2 join us that love over there.

All the wedding was arranged by the travel agent all we had to do as turn up! lol

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    phuket? land of the lady boy?

you sure you want to go there?
    G t c

soon!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_The_mole View Post
    I got married out in Australlia 6 years ago.

As long as you're not after a big wedding, I'd recommend it to anyone.
    We had 4 people fly out for the wedding and another 2 join us that love over there.

All the wedding was arranged by the travel agent all we had to do as turn up! lol
    yeah 110% to get married abroad and like your seld will be for very close family and the odd few friends , who i think are just coming for the hol

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    phuket? land of the lady boy?

you sure you want to go there?
    iv done my home work , and where we are getting married, there will be NO lady boys/filth ''nothing'' , no 1 annoying you trying to sell you any thing, it is the quite part of thailand , many many miles away from that sort of place , do you think my wife to be would want to0 go any where slezy like that ? no this is thailand at its best,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast