Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

How to set up video senders?

I bought a set of video senders

Nikkai
    Model: A13HX, 5.8Ghz Audio/Video Sender

It's to transmit Sky+ from downstairs to upstairs. The room is a strange extension in that upstairs is actually in the same room & about 4 metres away. The top floor is open, so you can see the TV on the upper floor from downstairs.

Anyway, i've just connected everything up & no surprise to myself, i can't get it to work.

The transmitter is plugged to the source (Sky+) TV downstairs. While writing this i think i had it connected wrong.
    The red, yellow & white cables have been plugged into the transmitter & the scart connector went into the TV. I've just now tried it in the back of the Sky+ box (but it's made no difference - it still doesn't work).

There's a red mouse like thing which is labelled "IR Mouse" which i don't understand what this does. I've tried with it plugged in & unplugged.

I've connected the receiver to the upstairs TV, and i've faced both paddle (unn, *checks correct term*.... Antenna) TO each other. The red, yellow & white cables have been connected as they were with the transmitter.

I've selected the input for the upstairs TV as "SCART" only to get the message "no signal".

Both transmitter & receiver are on the same channel & i've tried all 4 channels.

I'm stumped.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Near Portsmouth....... Drives a Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Any pictures of what you bought?
    The truth is always the truth even if you haven't realised it yet...

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    im not clued up on sky, but is the sky being used down stairs at the same time via an HDMI cable or something?

if so then would the sky box allow both scart and HDMI to be used at the same time?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Yeah the Sky is connected via HDMI

You can only view (via the video sender) what is being displayed downstairs, which isn't a problem - it's just so we can watch TV in bed without going downstairs.

But for some reason it's not working - obviously i've not set it up properly, but i don't know what is "properly" then.

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I bought one from maplin just like the one you have, but slighty different, and worked a treat with our virgin HD box.

Try looking at the sky box settings and see if you can turn the scart on there, as I know on virgin you can select which feed you want the video signals on.