Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: headlight help

  
  1. #1
    Status
    Offline
    aussie_astra's Avatar
    AOC Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    53
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation headlight help

    hey guys
    i have an astra 2006 5 door hatchback
    i have standard lights at the moment
    nothing wrong with them they seem pretty good to me
    the local car shop place has a sale on the weekend 50% of headlights
    i was wondering whats the better lights i could get
    i dont wanna spend a fortune to change the types of lights over
    jus looking for something brighter and reaches further etc
    no changing of the system over just the bulb
    what light bulb do u guys reccommend?

  2. #2
    Status
    Offline
    lee gsi's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Near Portsmouth....... Drives a Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Posts
    17,757
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If you want brighter lights fit a HID kit
    The truth is always the truth even if you haven't realised it yet...

  3. #3
    Status
    Offline
    blackbirdxx's Avatar
    AOC Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    258
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lee gsi View Post
    If you want brighter lights fit a HID kit
    Yeah and break the law and have no insurance and glare other people on the road risking to have an accident oh and look like a total chaff .

    Get some osram nightbreaker or philips xtrem vision and it will improve but keep your hands of those hid kits unless you don't care

  4. #4
    Status
    Offline
    Yorg2000's Avatar
    AOC Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    188
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbirdxx View Post
    Yeah and break the law and have no insurance and glare other people on the road risking to have an accident oh and look like a total chaff .

    Get some osram nightbreaker or philips xtrem vision and it will improve but keep your hands of those hid kits unless you don't care
    From what I heard there are HID kits for reflector type lights now. Correct me if I am wrong.

    ATM I am running standard lights with Osrams, but I will upgrade lights to something different + 5k HIDs

  5. #5
    Status
    Offline
    lee gsi's Avatar
    AOC Obsessed
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Near Portsmouth....... Drives a Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Posts
    17,757
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You can get bulbs for reflector style headlights.

    Just look for 'R' IE H7R are for reflector lights.
    The truth is always the truth even if you haven't realised it yet...

  6. #6
    Status
    Offline
    runnerst50's Avatar
    AOC Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    137
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i bought some xenon bulbs on my zaffy gsi 10 times brighter than the standard ones and they are road legal and cost bout a fiver on ebay

    jamie

  7. #7
    Status
    Offline
    Yorg2000's Avatar
    AOC Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    188
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by runnerst50 View Post
    i bought some xenon bulbs on my zaffy gsi 10 times brighter than the standard ones and they are road legal and cost bout a fiver on ebay

    jamie
    Bulbs might be road legal - way you fit them not always (as mentioned above - glare and blinding other road users).

    By the way - my knowledge about HIDs is limited. If I will decide to fit them I will prolly ask someone with more experience to help me to ensure there are no side effects

  8. #8
    Status
    Offline
    runnerst50's Avatar
    AOC Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    137
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorg2000 View Post
    Bulbs might be road legal - way you fit them not always (as mentioned above - glare and blinding other road users).

    By the way - my knowledge about HIDs is limited. If I will decide to fit them I will prolly ask someone with more experience to help me to ensure there are no side effects

    well i work at a body shop and they had a spot on beam on the headlight alignment machine and it passed its mot with it so must be ok ?

    jamie

  9. #9
    Status
    Offline
    Yorg2000's Avatar
    AOC Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    188
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Apologies

    Quote Originally Posted by runnerst50 View Post
    well i work at a body shop and they had a spot on beam on the headlight alignment machine and it passed its mot with it so must be ok ?

    jamie
    Re-readed post and I was assuming that author was talkig about HID conversion - now I know I was wrong.

    As per bulbs - Osram Nightbrakers for me. When I have fitted them and compared to my sister`s Megane you could see difference.

    Now we both runnin on Osrams

  10. #10
    Status
    Offline
    aussie_astra's Avatar
    AOC Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    53
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    nah i dont wanna do a HID conversion or anything like that
    just change the bulb
    is there that much difference between the standard bulbs and the "extra bright" white with blue tinge bulbs?
    they are like 20 bucks on sale dont wanna waste cash if its nothing
    in my old car there was a huge difference but the bulbs in now are better than the old car with the new bulbs so yer?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •