Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Astra 1.7CDTi 100Bhp help needed

Hi Guys,

First post here, but just want a bit of advice really.
    Recently bought an 2005 54 plate Astra 1.7CDTi 100Bhp, when i bought it there was a pretty bad squeak coming from the drivers side of the engine, so i had the alternator belt looked at and it was pretty badly worn. Had that changed, but the squeak remains, only it now happens in first gear when accelerating. After that it stops.

The cam belt and tensioners have recently been changed and sorted, so i know it's nothing to do with that. I've no problems with coolent loss or anything like that, so i dont think the water pump is on the way out. The heating does seem to take a while to get warm, but is that normal with Diesels? My mums car is the same heating wise and hers is an 07 Ford Focus.

Other problems i've noticed is that in the morning, especially after a cold night, it takes a while to start, i find myself having to turn the car on, then off, then on, then it'll start normally. I'm guessing thats a glow plug problem and will need them replacing, which shouldn't be a problem. Theres also a slight weep on 2 of the injectors, but again i've been told this isn't a big problem?

My final questions are: The car was originally in an accident and the Driver/Passenger side doors were changed, now during this time, the fuse for the interior light/the actual light was removed. I've replaced the fuse and bulb, but the light stays on all the time, even when the car is locked and turned off. I've read that removing the battery sorts this, but does it actually work. Also the hazards come on when starting the car, i'm guessing this is because the car is in "Crash Mode", is there any way to sort this?

Apart from that, the car is in excellent condition for it's age, and it runs like a dream.

Thanks a lot,
    Paul

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone have any ideas?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The fan belt tensioner normally makes a constant squeaky/chirping noise when its it way out. Its fairly common and mine has been doing it for the last 2 yrs.

As for the crash mode. It would be worth taking it to someone with a Tech2 and have it reset (thats if it can be reset).
    Astra H 1.7 CDTI Life (80hp ) with a few extras
    Incl, SMD dash conv, CC, Half Leather, 3-line display, CheckControl, ComfortClosure, Angel Lights, Front Fogs, Insignia Washer Jets + more

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you very much for the info there.
    Is there any place i can go to get the code reset or sorted? Vauxhall want £95 to just diagnose the problem, then more money for fixing it too! Funny thing is, when i did the pedal test before, i got the code:

P0050

I'm pretty sure the crash code is 51, so i'm not sure why it's showing up, unless it has been cleared and it just requires the battery being disconnected?

Does anyone have any idea what P0050 is pointing too?