Thread: help

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

help

hi this is my first time on this forum i have a problem with the front end on my astra mk4 caby it wanders and i have to keep moving the steering wheel to correct it does anybody have any idea what it could be ive had my tracking done it has gone though an mot for the past 4 years like this every one i now who tests it say's its allright but i know its not heeelp please alan

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    one arm longer than the other?
    sorry ;D in all seriousness check tyres, pressures, treads, worn steering joints, weak shocker, all these things can contribute towards your car pulling to one side

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ha ha no Ive checked that there both the same. its not pulling its wandering you have to keep correcting it only a bit but its not right i don't seem to get good feedback from the steering wheel its like its to light on the front I'm running 205 40 17s on irmscher rims if its any help also Ive checked the steering rack, ball joints , tie rods replaced roll bar bushes, could it be a wheel bearing there's no noise but i could just be a bit deaf as soon as i sus it out ill post some pic's thanks to anyone who can help

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    at this point its the type of situation where it could be many things, something could be warped/bent/worn but its so slight you wont be able to see it

did you get it second hand? any logged crashes or known big curbing situations, my old car did this and i never solved it!
    if it is impossible to find, might have to pop into a body shop to get the steering geometry checked

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi just an update bumped into an old friend told me to check inner tie rod ends did so and my o/s one is knackered ordered 2 of ebay £30 soon as they are fitted ill let you know keeping my fingers crossed as this has been doin my head in for so long

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Had this on my Megane MkII and it was the suspension top mounts.
    IT Services for Glasgow, UK
    This is only here for google webmaster tools purposes.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    hi just an update wasn't the tie rods the rack was knackered £255 fitted a hell of a lot better but still not right going for top mounts ordered of eBay £50 for all four 2 top mounts and 2 bearings item no 110407144263 and if i can find where the misses has hid the credit card shocks as well He He