Thread: What to do?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What to do?

Bought my car about 6 month ago from a private garage, the guy told me it had full service history and stupidly never bothered to check. He also managed to sell me a 3 year warranty, now I am having problems (possible swirl flap=£££'s). I ring the warranty and they say no probs but we need to see all ur service history and looking now there don't seem be any. Is this my fault for not checking or the garages for wrongly telling me there was? Don't fancy being left to pick up what could be a big bill.
    Red 06 CDTi SRi 150 XP

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    IMO, only if you have some kind of written proof that they told you it had service history...you might be able to get somewhere.

You should have checked really, so probably don't have a leg to stand on.
    I've paid and displayed...
    Have you joined AOC?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My thoughts too but the garage sold me the warranty knowing it would be void in that case. It's in the garage friday, so hopefully won't be too big of a problem so won't need to go through the warranty but from what I know about these cars and the codes I'm getting it pointing toward a new inlet manifold but I ain't no expert so we'll see.
    Red 06 CDTi SRi 150 XP

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)

Smile Warranty

Quote Originally Posted by adw85 View Post
    bought my car about 6 month ago from a private garage, the guy told me it had full service history and stupidly never bothered to check. He also managed to sell me a 3 year warranty, now i am having problems (possible swirl flap=£££'s). I ring the warranty and they say no probs but we need to see all ur service history and looking now there don't seem be any. Is this my fault for not checking or the garages for wrongly telling me there was? Don't fancy being left to pick up what could be a big bill.

nearly all warranty"s sold are dependant on having the car serviced(usually more frequent than norm") , and not always pointed out by the seller,but is in the small print of these warranties.they are also very specific.and do not cover normal "in service repairs and replacements. " unless it was a very expensive warranty . (they are graded> bronze,> silver ,and >gold).and are priced accordingly.strictly speaking the warrany should apply from when you bought the car,as the car ,when sold was deemed to be fit for purpose!! And free from major defects.why not take it back to where it came from ,and put your case to them.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well it quite far away but was thinking of giving them a call. My warranty is the premium, which is the top one for the company involved. I didn't realise they might go off when I bought the car. Fortunately I had the car serviced by vaux 2 month after purchase which may help.
    Red 06 CDTi SRi 150 XP