Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Insurance, 19 year old lad..

Hi guys,

Had my astra for nearly a year now, renewal is in december.
    I am third party fire and theft, and another person hit me in july, written my car off but her insurance had accepted liability and paid out. Will my insurance go up this year because of this? I'm just abit worried incase my premiums shoot through the roof, i'm already paying an arm and a leg as it is!

Josh

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    more than likley. insurance in general has gone up be around 40%

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Tbh it could go either way....

On the one hand premiums have gone up a LOT in general with some people on here quoting increases of 60% for young male drivers like yourself. Add that to the fact that you've had an 'incident' albeit not your fault. However insurers find ANY excuse to increase your premium so tell them you pick your nose while you drive and you'll see that premium increase!!

On the other hand you now have 1 years driving and one years no claims under your belt so usually you'd hope to see quite a big reduction on how much you were paying previously. Again it depends exactly how much you paid this year but all these factors may even themselves out. Or they may not.

Best bet is to get on some comparison sites and get some 'hypothetical' quotes....