Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Need some advice on speakers for Astra MK4

Hi guys,

I really need some advice on the speakers in my mk4 astra, it's a 5 door and after looking at some of the threads on here I understand that the fronts are 17cm and the rears are 13cm...

I'm currently sorting out my ICE and can't decide whether to change the speakers or not

Current components:
    Headunit: Pioneer DEH-50UB (aweomse headunit)
    Subwoofer: Pioneer W305C 12" 800w max power handling
    Amplifier (For sub only): Kenwood KAC-7201 800w max power output

I'm just stuck on what to do really, the speakers on their own sound pretty decent compared to other car systems I've heard... but when you put the sub in, the speakers just aren't up to scratch!

I don't mind spending a bit on the speakers but I don't want to spend money if I don't need to as I'm only 17!

I just want to know if I fit new speakers in to the car will there be a huge difference? I want something that packs a punch as I'm really in to good sound quality and volume.

Any replies will be greatly appreciated!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    You can do one of two things if you want to keep it simple. The cheapest way would be to amp a pair of 6x9's which would give you reasonable quality as it would pretty much drown out the standard speakers. The slightly pricier option is to replace all the door speakers with components and amp them. You will need a decent 4 channel amp for this and a head unit with RCA output for front, rear and sub. And don't forget soundprofing. It all goes down to what you want to spend.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Spend your money on a decent set of components for the front and amp them up.

Then if you got any cash left do the sound deadening = personally i wouldnt really bother too much with the rears sound is much better coming from in front of you

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Drives
    Astra MK4 1.6 Sxi - Daily
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm also looking at a set of new door speakers for my 3 door. But I am also in the suituation. Some speakers are 13cm, and some are 16.5.
    I've never really bothered with the standard speakers as vauxhall standards are average. Not like the french cars where you put a small bit of bass through the speakers and the speaker goes distorted and crappy. I've got an expensive set of 6x9's amped up pumping 175x2 RMS.. and a 3000RMS Sub, which takes a liking to car alarms.. lol. But I am looking to upgrade the rest of the speakers to see if I can get a sound just the way I want it.

I'm looking at an Infinity set of 16.5 cm, But will they fit in the hole provided or have I got to do some light modifications on the metalwork?

Any help much appreciated.
    3 Door Hatch - MK4 1.6 16v Sxi - My Daily.
    2 Door Coupe - MK4 Z20LET - My/Missus car.
    2 Door Coupe - LS2 6.0 VXR Monaro - My Toy.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    i have a coupe and the size is 17cm front and back although many years ago my first car was an astra club five door. i had kenwood 280watt components up front and 240w in the rear.
    http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/prod...2p_p-23288.htm rear

i amped the front ones and it was awesome i listen to metal persionally so i like crisp undistorted and punchy and thats what i got
    So Far ZLEH, M32, FMIC, Top Hat, CDTi box, Thermobolic intake gasket, De cat, alloy rad, GSi bumper, Coilovers not long off a map now lol