Thread: Whats everyone think to this place?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Whats everyone think to this place?

http://www.exhaustdiscounts.co.uk/

Looking at getting my car remapped there, as its quite close and seems to have the setup I need.

So whats everyone think? anything im overlooking?

Thanks Guys.

Status
    Banned
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Never heard of them myself...ask in your region ???

Status
    Cumbria RO | Club Team
    Mentioned in
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Nothing beyond checking they can map your ECU - my Z16XE seems to be limited to Regal, Courtenay (at a guess) and Red Dot. Even then Red Dot asked what brand/model of ECU I had as some aren't covered by them yet.

You also want a live remap and not a generic one, as a live should be customised to your engine/mods as opposed to a generic which is for a bog standard engine and even then might not 100% suit your own.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks nry, yeah iv asked them they said they think they can map it but they arnt 100% sure so im sending them more info.
    Yeah im looking for a custom map with a rolling road so it can be done properly. Thats why im finding it hard to find a company in my area.

Oh forgot to tell you my conclusion to having the head and inlet manifold polished and ported.

At first I felt little to no difference, it wasnt like fitting cams. But the car did feel a little less restricted higher up the rev range and seemed to rev free-er past 3500rpm.

After a week or two the car did feel a little faster, from what I presume was the engine management adapting to the new conditions and from then on the car seems to drive alot smoother, I have a feeling my torque curve will be smoother.

As for 10-20% gains id say thats crap, more like maybe 7-12bhp more. Worth doing though to smooth things out because after cams the car was pretty rough.