Thread: 1.6 16v SXi '99 Questions, Please help :)

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

1.6 16v SXi '99 Questions, Please help :)

Hi All, iv a few questions about my 1999 1.6 16v SXi i need answering, il probably sound a bit thick so i apologise!

First off, i cant work out if my car has ABS, it has a white plus sensor looking job on the callipers, and when i turn the ignition on, the yellow ABS light comes on (next to fuel light) and goes off again.

Some say it has, some say it hasn't! (i assumed it to have)

Second: The little metal tension clips on one of my break pads has come loos and is making the pad wobble and clunk about in my calliper, still breaks fine, just sounds irritating. If i change the pads, am i ok to leave the disks in, they were changed not long before i bought it and still have loads of life in them yet.

If i change the pads, how hard are they to do yourself? on my old Megane they were really easy, 2 bolts off, pads out, job done.

Any help would be great, thanks

Andy

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if the abs light come on then yes you most likely have got abs, but i have a 52 plate sxi that hasnt so i think it depends car to car
    and the brakes are easy enough to change but they have a 6mm or 8mm hex bolt cant remember which, the clip should just be able to be pushed back on easy enough,
    the disks should be fine for at least 2 sets of pads if theve not been on long
    "NO IM NOT DRUNK OFFICER IM JUST AVOIDING POTHOLLES!!"

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Just to confirm, if the light for abs i.e a circle type thing with the letters abs in it comes on your dash and goes out after a few seconds you absolutely 100 percent have abs, this is its self test to say its working... If the light comes on and stays on then you have a problem with it.
    N.b. any opinitons expressed above should be ignored and considered 'ramblings', under no circumstances should they be relied upon...

Status
    Soft Top VTEC :)
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    As graeme says

Definitely have it

Pads are a doddle to do. 7mm hex bit for the caliper retaining screws ( hidden under rubber caps ) and off the caliper comes, and so do the pads
    FULL Black Leather Heated coupe interior for sale! £200!!!
    Click Here