Thread: coolant temperature drops z14xe

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

coolant temperature drops z14xe

hi guys, something been happening for a while but ive never really noticed it as bad until today, basically i was driving down the motorway (4 degrees with heaters on full) and the coolant temperature warmed up to the usual just below 90 and sat there, i pulled off for some petrol and set off back on the motorway and the coolant temperature dropped to just above 80, when i turned the heater down to half the temperature rose to the usual position just below 90, obviously im just assuming its because its cold and the heaters on full takes all the heat away from the coolant? but i never noticed this on my old focus,

i spoke to a mechanic about this about 2 months ago and he said its normal on these engines (z14xe 2001) as they are overcooled?

let us know what your temperature gauge is like!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Been driving my wife's car the last few days and I noticed this aswell. I think it is normal though, however, I'm no expert.

I have today changed my coolant temperature sensor for the reason as in the post below - so I know my CTS is not at fault, hence, I thinks it's normal

http://pariswells.com/blog/tag/vauxh...erature-sensor

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    just to let you know pal i changed the thermostat about 2 weeks ago and it sits bang on the middle now