Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Redundancy . . . or not Redundancy???

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Redundancy . . . or not Redundancy???

I've just been in the middle of an outsourcing project at work, today they have announced the new model and what jobs will be available staying onshore and what will be available offshore.

Not long before the outsourcing I moved into a new role, my new role is going to be offshore but my old role is staying, so they have given me the option of taking the redundancy or to revert to my old role and continue for the new company in that role.

The redundancy is worth about 4-5k tax free to me, but I can't guarantee being able to find a new job etc.

What do people think? Take the redundancy and the risk? Or take a step backwards to my old role and have the security of the job going forward!?!?!

I really can't decide so just wondered what other peoples opinions were on this???
    Great Minds Discuss Ideas; Average Minds Discuss Events; Small Minds Discuss People

http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/...e/jahadley.png

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If i was in your position i would risk it, but make sure you find out the exact amount of redundancy you will get before you agree. I know people who have expected to get 2-3k more than what they actually got.
    For free hugs PM me.

For sex, pm cabriomatt.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I would take the step back and have the job security mate. Yea 4-5l is a nice little lump but how long will that last with bills and using it to pay for things?!

At least with the step back you will stay in the job and can continue to earn a wage whilst looking out for new jobs again. If the same sort of role crops up again in the future you should be a shoe in
    http://uk.movember.com/mospace/3132765
    Please Donate Generously

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Maybe I should of made this a poll! lol
    Great Minds Discuss Ideas; Average Minds Discuss Events; Small Minds Discuss People

http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/...e/jahadley.png

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    keep the job I would say.

I've stuck with mine for several years now and just got called 1hr ago saying they want to promote me again. I said yes, but everything that I take on board is on my own terms and I get to give all the crap stuff to someone else

bwuhahahahaha
    Drives:Mazda 6 MPS- Zoom Zoom

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    have to agree with keeping the job. If the payout was for exceptional amount (over 20k) then i would say take the gamble. But as has also been said 4k will last what 2 months? So not really worth taking the risk.

the countries situation may be improving, but very slowly.
    Mk5 2.0l turbo sri. now dead
    but riding around in a mk6 2.0l cdti sri

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    keep the job mate, stating the obvious but you'd be lucky to find another job so quickly

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Right now in this current economic climate where decent jobs paying the right rate to reflect your commitment and ability are few and far between, would you really want to make yourself redundant with the promise of 4-5k which will most likely disapear after a few months with outgoings etc....

Simple choice for me, move back into your previous role.. A bit of job security is the order of the day at present..

The questions to ask yourself, how stable is your company at present?... Are you likely to earn the 4-5k within the next few months? Are you likely to lose your job if you move back to your previous role?... If things seem a little uncertain, only then would I consider redundancy!...

There are so many highly skilled and semi skilled people out of work right now. Recession does not discriminate!........
    Star Silver SRI Turbo..'Red.Dot Reloaded'..Cybox Precat, Cybox Catback SS Exhaust..K&N Panel Filtered...9Ltr EDS SMIC!!.....

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    keep the job and look for another in the meantime... But make sure that there is no pay cut or anything
    Be an optimist - at least until they start moving animals in pairs to Cape Canaveral.

Status
    Can't play nicely with other so has been given another holiday
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'd way up what you would live on in the next few months and what you have for redundancy. Im not sure on the legals if you get 4k blow it and then cant find a job and claim js

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast