Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cheap Insurance Cars

Hello,

As my insurance will be up in january and looking at quotes at the moment for my astra its really looking like I am going to have to sell up and get something smaller! Just wondering whats the best to go for insurance price wise so I can build up my No Claims for 2 years (21 with 3 years no claims then)... Looking to stay within the vauxhall range (hopefully)!

I know most people will come back with 1.0 litre corsa etc etc, but I seriously want to avoid corsas! (too girly for me :P)

Kier

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    mk4 1.6 are quite cheap in my opinion.
    MK4 SXI 1.6

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    my mk4 is the same as the polo with my insurance 90 quid a month with no no claims (gave up driving when was a bad boy but reformed now)
    1.6 16v duelfuel

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I see, im running the 1.8 SRi at the moment, wasnt to bad this year, but my next quotes are all over £2,000 for the year...no chance! Are 5doors cheaper than 4doors? Was thinking maybe a 1.4 MK4 5Door... still an astra, not what I want, but cheap?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    iv got a 1.4 and im getting a 1.8 in 5 months time as the insurance is only 250 quid more
    it was about 1400 quid more when i started driving
    if it ant broke, don't fix it.....mod it! MK4 flip keys £13.99

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I've got a 1.6 16v SXi for my first car - and I paid £2,100 in June for my insurance, checking quotes at the moment it's costing me less than £2,000 for a 1.8 SRi - so i'm looking at going for a 2.0 SRi when I get my first years no claims at 19 years old.

If theres a possibility that you have other places you could "live" do that, because thats a big factor in insurance - my cousin living in a "deprived" area got quoted £2000 on his second year in a 1.0 Saxo with a years no claims, changed his address to my address and his insurance went down to £800 so Admiral now think he lives here!

Worth a shot?
    SRi 1.9 CDTi 150 - loving life...

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSMain View Post
    I've got a 1.6 16v SXi for my first car - and I paid £2,100 in June for my insurance, checking quotes at the moment it's costing me less than £2,000 for a 1.8 SRi - so i'm looking at going for a 2.0 SRi when I get my first years no claims at 19 years old.

If theres a possibility that you have other places you could "live" do that, because thats a big factor in insurance - my cousin living in a "deprived" area got quoted £2000 on his second year in a 1.0 Saxo with a years no claims, changed his address to my address and his insurance went down to £800 so Admiral now think he lives here!

Worth a shot?
    Also completely invalidates his insurance if proven that he doesnt actually live there,..........

I understand why he's done it but if worst came to the worst two things would happen

1) he wouldnt be insured, he'd loose his car, get taken to court, get muchos points on license if its not revoked, get fined mega amounts

2) all our insruance premiums go up if he were to hit another driver whilst un-insured
    Quote Originally Posted by WillThePlank View Post
    Whatever Happened to sitting on your arm until it went numb?!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah I wont be pretending I live some where else lol, and I had a 1.8SRi for year #1 (18 years old - no no claims) and that was 1600 for the year, now im year old, years no claims and im looking at 2400ish for the year...

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I didn't mean simply lie - I simply used my naughty lying cousin as an example!

I mean I stay at my girlfriend's parent's house during the week and live at my parent's house on weekends - so when it comes to my renewal I'll check prices of putting that I live there as technically...I do?

Sorry I didn't explain as I should have! I did mean if there's more than one possibility of your residence then make sure you try both!
    SRi 1.9 CDTi 150 - loving life...