Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dash lights flicker

Right i have tried searching for an answer but have had no luck

I noticed this morning that the dash lights and computer console lights seems to flicker ever so slightly (dim then go light them dim etc when i have my headlights on fine when off) thought maybe i was still half asleep and my eyes were playing on me but there definately flickering.

Has anyone had this problem or know whats causing it? Its all standard no LEDs etc

Thanks

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've had the same thing, MFD lights flickering.. Slowly getting worse though, power cuts to all my electrics, from what I saw on another topic its the alternator.. Not sure if its any use to us but thats all I can gather at the minute.

http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=279608

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yep - either alternator or battery... mines the same but not gonna bother about it until it completely packs in - take ur car tot the nearest garage & they should do a battery/alternator test for freeeeeee
    1.4 MK5 BEAST!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yea i thinks its the alternator will replace it when its goes can live with it for the time being

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I appear to have the same problem.everything works when ignitions on but everything fails when i start the engine. Does anybodys alternator light come on? Mine doesn't which is what made me think it wasnt the alternator
    2.0 5 door conversion. 136.8 bhp and 127 lb/ft torque.more mods coming soon!
    check out my project thread!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ^ no warning lights for me.... just seem to dim until i rev... Good idea to check all your connections as if any are loose then that could be the problem (its on my to do list lol)
    1.4 MK5 BEAST!

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I know this is a 2 yr old thread but as it pretty much matched my issues I thought I'd resurrect it.

Our astra, 1.7 cdti as recently started having this issue, upon start up or when idling the interior lights/dash/headlights all flicker in time with the revs. I've checked the alternator in terms of voltage going to the battery and thats shown its charging at the correct rate, the battery itself is also showing correct volts and all the earth's are standard as is the car and none appear to be lose.

Anyone else got any idea's what it could be? Can an alternator appear to be charging ok but actually be on its way out?

Cheers