Thread: Re Spray

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re Spray

Thinking of Getin a 1.9cdti 150bhp with xp or (buy after) for around 6000 or 7000 with 07 reg and low milage and generally looked after.

Then getiing complete repsray for £1500 for every thing except engine bay in olympic white..Then go for anthracite or gloss black>> mirrors,18 alloys (team dynamics pro race 1.2s) and maybe roof and front grill and boot strip

Just wonderd if any ones has few pics of white astras with this sort of look and think its good idea to maybe think of doing this.
    also comment on what look goood or not.and what expericence had from rempas thanks
    Who need's Drift steering When My Tyres are This Bald

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Can't you just buy one in whitE mate and save yourself £1500?
    07 ASTRA MK5 1.6 VVT SXi
    Sapphire Black, 17" SRi alloys, Black Grill, Carbon Fibre Boot Strip, Smoked Side Repeaters, HEKO Wind Deflectors, Tinted Windows, RS Green Callipers & Alpine IDA-X100.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan247 View Post
    Can't you just buy one in whitE mate and save yourself £1500?
    Listen to this man, he speaks sense

x
    I've paid and displayed...
    Have you joined AOC?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    cand find one in my budget mate theres not one less than 10,000 on my budgets around that other wise i would cheap cheaper to get one for around 7 with ex and low milage full re spray for every thing door seals bonnet for 1500 thats makes 8500 lol

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jow View Post
    cand find one in my budget mate theres not one less than 10,000 on my budgets around that other wise i would cheap cheaper to get one for around 7 with ex and low milage full re spray for every thing door seals bonnet for 1500 thats makes 8500 lol
    Having worked at a bodyshop (BMW) I'll tell you this - you pay for what you get. While £1500 isn't cheap, where I worked you'd be looking at around £3000 for a decent full car respray. Obviously there are exceptions to this rule...

Have you thought about resale? There is no way in hell I'd every buy a car that someone had half-arsed respray ( as in not bothered doing under the bonnet) as it points towards a total lack of doing things properly.

If you really like white that much, either do it right or get more money to get a white one to begin with.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by col1n View Post
    Having worked at a bodyshop (BMW) I'll tell you this - you pay for what you get. While £1500 isn't cheap, where I worked you'd be looking at around £3000 for a decent full car respray. Obviously there are exceptions to this rule...

Have you thought about resale? There is no way in hell I'd every buy a car that someone had half-arsed respray ( as in not bothered doing under the bonnet) as it points towards a total lack of doing things properly.

If you really like white that much, either do it right or get more money to get a white one to begin with.
    the guy lives up road from me and has buisness reparing and re spraying damaged cars.he said hed supply paint strip all down and re spray every thing from under bonnet to door seals and insides just doesnt do engine bay..seems geniune and am sure workman ship would be guarnteed as his buiness.a could get cuzin spray it four 900 hundred but rather pay extra to have done right with recipets and every thing but i know what u mean....

i wouldnt buy sum thing with door seals n under bonnet not done cos thats just lazy bodge job.
    Would colour change cost me any thing for insurance or dvla nortification thanks mate

id just buy the white like you said but there just so expensive mate iv got budget around 10K

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    a link to where would be gettin re spray done http://www.awpanel.co.uk/index.html

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jow View Post
    i wouldnt buy sum thing with door seals n under bonnet not done cos thats just lazy bodge job.
    Would colour change cost me any thing for insurance or dvla nortification thanks mate
    What is the difference between under the bonnet and the engine bay?

Technically changing the colour is a modification, so some insurance company's will choose to either not insure you or may charge you more.
    DVLA will need to be notified as your log book states the colour of the car. A new log book (V5) will be issued.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by col1n View Post
    What is the difference between under the bonnet and the engine bay?

Technically changing the colour is a modification, so some insurance company's will choose to either not insure you or may charge you more.
    DVLA will need to be notified as your log book states the colour of the car. A new log book (V5) will be issued.
    under bonnet i mean basically just spray the under neath of the car bonnet.and for engine bay that would get left the same as they dont do that in the price..

tbh if i could save up like 13k id just buy a white astra but havent,i could see how it may look daft,maybe worth while if ask around for ex demo cars.

okay cheers mate not as simple as just spray n job done

Status
    AstraSport Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    You considered havin it vinyl wrapped white?

I'm having it done (everything but the roof) on my black MK5 in Edinburgh for £650 and I've seen their work first hand... it's flawless!

Bonus is if you want at a later date you can have the just the front bumper/bonnet redone if you get much road rash

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast