AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sky/Dreambox/Card sharing??????

Been looking at this online

http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.co.uk/FAQ.htm#ONE

I am a bit confuzzled. I have heard about this card sharing thing with sky, but after reading still unsure how it works. I have came to the conclusion that this box replaces your sky box, you plug the dish in as normal, and a lead then runs from the box to the wireless router, picking up the signals from the installed server.....am i right so far?

What are the legalities of this? Is it worth buying one? I noticed dream boxes being around since 2004, how would these then be hd compatible as i would presume they connect via scart instead of hdmi?

Anyone offer any simplified answers or advice? In basic average joe terms.....what could i do with this?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    From what I can make out the Satellite receives channels as normal and the card you put into this dream box attached to the internet runs off and gets a decryption code depending where the signal is coming from that you are trying to watch, ie if you had picked up a Sky channel the card would find the decryption code from the server to decode the Sky channel.

I assume that the people who run the servers have accounts set up to all the providers and hence the servers are able to dish out the decryption codes. If that makes sense.

As for HDMI I suspect that the newer models of the dream box have had HDMI connections fitted on them, but if you was going to buy a second hand one then yeah you might get a pre HDMI model.

As for the legalities on such a thing I am not sure, probably depends on the accounts that the server providers have got. If they have accounts to show to many such as you might get in a pub or summin then I guess they could do it legally, but that's just guess work to be honest.

Not sure if that will help you much but thats how I think it must work, or something along those lines at least.
    Great Minds Discuss Ideas; Average Minds Discuss Events; Small Minds Discuss People

http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/...e/jahadley.png

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Follow hotzafira On Twitter
    i have heard about htis from a friend unsure of it though as he haveing major problems with it

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Why not just pay for sky, just a bit like not paying for your road tax and using someone elses. The way I see it is if you want to watch you should be paying

Status
    Yorkshire RO
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    basically one person subscribes to sky and pays for there package and then they descript the card for the required details and share the details with people who pay them a set amount per month so you are getting the same package as what the person is who subsribes to sky.

thats a very basic over view of it.

But this is very illegal and should not be done so i would definatly not be asking about it over the net where anyone can read it!

AOC top 15 car at PVS 2009 & 2010
    313.7bhp/343Ibft

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dougal s View Post
    Why not just pay for sky, just a bit like not paying for your road tax and using someone elses. The way I see it is if you want to watch you should be paying
    I do pay for sky, the full package with hd, phone and broadband

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    There is tons of card sharing sites littered all over the internet, where you can pay £10/£20 for a subscription to all channels.

You input a code in to your dreambox, that tells it to go to the web and conenct to a server to get updated encryption keys(these update constantly, without an internet connection. The dreambox is useless)

These have been around for years in fact the company that made the first dreambox no longer makes them.

They were used mainly for Virgin in the U.K. There is now HD version of the boxes. HD version is DM 800HD, standard and most used version is DM 500S(S for sat or 500C for cable)

It is all illegal and is only becoming popular and well known because card sharing is now the only way possible for the cable stealer's to get free cable.

The dreambox will replace your Sky box or you Virgin box. You will have limited features. No red button or anything. You will be able to watch any channel and that is all. Recording functions aren't that great on it either.

Nowhere near as good as Sky+ HD or Virgin V HD.

Sat Dish to Dreambox to TV. It will require some technical knowledge esp if it breaks and to get it to work from the start too.
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveDempsey View Post
    Hey atleast MOTing your car should be a lot simpler than MOTing your EX. Replacing a worn out bush on a car is far easier.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sri_kev View Post
    basically one person subscribes to sky and pays for there package and then they descript the card for the required details and share the details with people who pay them a set amount per month so you are getting the same package as what the person is who subsribes to sky.

thats a very basic over view of it.

But this is very illegal and should not be done so i would definatly not be asking about it over the net where anyone can read it!
    Thanks for clearing it up. Plenty of websites openly marketing the capability so would doubt it would be worthy of a thread lock. Was just enquiring as to how people are obtaining sky tv for a lot cheaper than i am currently paying, but as said it's dodgy, so will give it a miss methinks

Cheers