Thread: hope iam not going to get my astra van nicked

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

hope iam not going to get my astra van nicked

the next door neighbuor stopped me yesterday and said that she had seen two men sniffing around my van at 1.30am on a saturday night a couple of weeks ago, dont know if they are up for breaking in or nicking the van.
    anyway iam going to install a switch somewhere in the cab that only me knows about, my idea is to just cut into a wire at the ignition switch somewhere..... take it to the switch and back to the cut wire...just keep things simple. what wire...(colour) iam i best going for? or has anybody else got any better ideas that are just has simple to do?

Status
    Technical Advisor
    Club Team
    Drives
    VXR Nurburgring
    Mentioned in
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Your van will have a factory fitted immobiliser so the only way they are going to get away with it is on a low loader or by breaking into your house
    Want a professional job done on fitting your aftermarket electrical accessories? PM me for a quote
    Electrical fault finding also taken on
    Located in N/W London HA3, and willing to travel within reason

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Autosparks View Post
    or by breaking into your house
    thats put his mind at rest!! now he needs to go out and buy a huge **** off dog to protect his house too
    Quote Originally Posted by fozzie1984 View Post
    but the wife thinks its better to spend money on food and silly things like that.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hide your keys as well, my m8 came down stairs ready for work couldnt find his car keys turned out they had taken his front door off its hinges while he was asleep with his missus and his kids asleep upstairs stole his car keys his wallet and his wifes purse and then leant the door back up and stole his new car. nice. mind you he does live in Luton

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by astra68turbo View Post
    Hide your keys as well, my m8 came down stairs ready for work couldnt find his car keys turned out they had taken his front door off its hinges while he was asleep with his missus and his kids asleep upstairs stole his car keys his wallet and his wifes purse and then leant the door back up and stole his new car. nice. mind you he does live in Luton
    OMG, what is happening to this country, every day someone is talking about **** like this.

I
    I've paid and displayed...
    Have you joined AOC?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    am i the only person who finds that a bit entertaining !? they must've been keen like friggin serious though u cant have nothing !!
    [SXi Black And Red] SOLD
    [5DR XP SXI] SOLD
    2.0 CDTi Technical Grey GTC

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by catman938g View Post
    the next door neighbuor stopped me yesterday and said that she had seen two men sniffing around my van at 1.30am on a saturday night a couple of weeks ago, dont know if they are up for breaking in or nicking the van.
    anyway iam going to install a switch somewhere in the cab that only me knows about, my idea is to just cut into a wire at the ignition switch somewhere..... take it to the switch and back to the cut wire...just keep things simple. what wire...(colour) iam i best going for? or has anybody else got any better ideas that are just has simple to do?
    Is it a recent purchase?
    Did it come with both keys?
    Could be previous owner with the spare.
    I get loads of calls to delete old keys out of the ECU memory to avoid this kind of theft.
    If you've got both keys, then they're probably looking for tools inside.
    If its a Ford they can be in under 30 seconds with a Tibbe tool, but they won't be able to start it. These tools are for sale on the internet for around £40.
    Best solution is to put additional locks on driver and sliding door, back doors can be secured internally with simple removal bar.
    Regards

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridgeback View Post
    Is it a recent purchase?
    Did it come with both keys?
    Could be previous owner with the spare.
    I get loads of calls to delete old keys out of the ECU memory to avoid this kind of theft.
    If you've got both keys, then they're probably looking for tools inside.
    If its a Ford they can be in under 30 seconds with a Tibbe tool, but they won't be able to start it. These tools are for sale on the internet for around £40.
    Best solution is to put additional locks on driver and sliding door, back doors can be secured internally with simple removal bar.
    Regards
    Just noticed the start of the thread referring to Astravan, so ignore Ford references.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    fair play, mental funny story...

coulndt find his car keys? did he not notice the front door off the hinges when he came down the stairs to look for his keys?

also.. did the whole family have like a pint of rohypnol each before bed
    not to hear the door being taken off, or the house being ransacked or.... the car being driven off?

strange?!
    Quote Originally Posted by fozzie1984 View Post
    but the wife thinks its better to spend money on food and silly things like that.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Autosparks View Post
    Your van will have a factory fitted immobiliser so the only way they are going to get away with it is on a low loader or by breaking into your house
    well i didnt know that, didnt think my astra van had it fitted. i told the neighbour to knock and wake me if shes up and about in the small hours and sees ANYTHING happening that shouldnt be happening.....we had our house burgled last year (a different house, we been moved 4 months) so iam on a mission,lol. if i catch anybody within 10 feet of my car or my partners they will be toast, and i will report back on here cus iam sure you would all want the details...............
    going to be fitting CCTV sometime soon, its a deterent and many p i s s me off watching our cars getting trashed but i stand a bit of a chance IDing them if they local crooks.
    thanks for above guys........and autosparks, nice one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast