Recently installed a subwoofer and amp (many thanks to autosparks) which is very good and loud.
Trouble is, when hitting on a big note, the headlights dim.
After researching alot, Ive found this is due to the alternator not able to deal with the big drain and found the following solutions:
- farad capicator (what number needed for a 2000w/1000rms watt sub?)
- Uprated alternator
- Bigger/more effective battery
- upgrade the big 3 power cables
Want to really find the cheapest method that would work but wanted to know what people would reccomend doing first?
- Battery negative to chassis
- Alternator to battery positive
- Chassis to engine
Or if there is any other problems that could be causing this, as I have only just installed one amp/sub with standard speakers