Thread: 05 1.4 astra club engine noise

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy 05 1.4 astra club engine noise

I have just purchased a 2005 1.4 astra club and the eninge has started to make a loud rattling noise when running and at idle seems to be coming from inside engine to the left and side as you look at it from front. Does anyone have any ideas what this might be?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    sounds like the same noise mine made, timing chain, heard lot's like it too, get it looked at/done.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Unhappy

I had this from a garage with a 3 month warranty would this be covered if not how much will i be looking at? When you say timing chain is that the rubber belt attached to the side of eninge also known as cam belt?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    if it's the same as mine which is z14 xep then will have a chain not a belt, the tensioners wear badly, will need a whole kit including sprokets, can get them for about £120.

http://data.motor-talk.de/data/galle...14xep-6905.jpg

http://www.fixmyengine.co.uk/shop/im...hain%20kit.JPG

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Yes it was that had it fixed at vauxhall £520 fortunatelly under warrenty just got it back yesterday. Not sure if this is normal but engine sounds very tappy and when driving is making a shhhh type noise. might be normal but as it is under warrenty if it is something would rather get it fixed now. Also on the Astra H there is no engine temp guage how do you tell if the eninge is over heating or if the water pump is not working properly

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    there is a light for engine temp so your be fine, does it get hot via the heater? mine takes about 10 mins so about time for a new thermostat. mine also is quite tappy, should hear it 1st thing in the morning lol but mine does have 109000 on the clock, mine doesnt make a shhhh noise, check air intake pipes and airbox?

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    have had a look at the air intake and hoses they look fine and the sound seems to be coming more from the rubber belt and pulleys on the outside of the engine on the left hand side. and the tapping seems to be coming from the top of the engine towards the back. anybody know what may be making these noises. Rattling has stopped now thanks to new timing chain but does feel a little bit lumpy first thing in the morning and when pulling off. Evil cars