AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Im 85% there, now some noobie questions

Hi all,

firstly hey, im James new to the site

Im having to trade my Lexus IS220d in due to running costs, insurance has shot up £400, and MPG isnt what i thought it was,

after extensive talks with listers lexus in Cov we appear to have found a 1.9cdti SRI [150] that not only lowers my monthly premiums, but is £600 cheaper on insurance and 10mpg better than the lex so saving me around £200 a month ish,............seems a no brainer to me

ive used the search facility on here extensively and found most of what i was looking for, but can you guys clear a few things up for me please?

1 - Remaps - i get the general torque/power gains but what i cant find is the average MPG thereafter?.....driving normal, booting it ect

2 - XP Pack - I can get this for £170, how much on average would fitting/painting be?

3 - lowering springs - i like the look of the eibach 35mm drop - how much would fitting be?

4 - HID kit - again average fitting costs? (im not good with self-fitting things, i struggle with ikea furniture!!)

Many thanks in advance, if ive missed any of the above info in my searches i duly apologise

Regards
    Quote Originally Posted by WillThePlank View Post
    Whatever Happened to sitting on your arm until it went numb?!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    a remap dose not change the MPG of the car for the worse unless you drive it like a 17 year old all over the place
    on a Run the MPG is a bit better

fitting of springs I Would say £100
    to paint and fit a XP back around £300 to £400
    to fit a set of HID's dead easy to do DIY or you can get the HID light units fitted for £400 all in

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    HID's are fitted for £40 .... springs fitted for £50 ... you can get a remap for the CDTI that takes it straight upto 200bhp that does improve fuel eco ... and if its the XP kit it wont be much to spray as its only skirts and bottom bumpers (splitters) .... so ur looking around £150-£200 ... danny i wouldnt like to pay your prices "/
    1.8 SRI Sports Hatch

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Cheers Dan,

£300-£400 fitting/painting on the xp kit?? that seems alot!!!

glad to hear RE: mpg after remap, who would you recommend? two good ones ive found are celtic and rapid-remap

i wouldnt trust myself doing diy HID kit, even if i got it fitted i wouldnt be sure it was correct

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunty-UK View Post
    HID's are fitted for £40 .... springs fitted for £50 ... you can get a remap for the CDTI that takes it straight upto 200bhp that does improve fuel eco ... and if its the XP kit it wont be much to spray as its only skirts and bottom bumpers (splitters) .... so ur looking around £150-£200 ... danny i wouldnt like to pay your prices "/
    Cheers Hunty

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    I would say the price Danny is quoting is for a pro spray job if the kit needed spraying that is. Got to remember they would more than likely fit it too, so you would be looking at spending a bit more to ensure a proper colour match, along with a good fit.

HIDs can be bought from HIDs direct for around £70-£80 for a set which is canbus compatible. If they aren't canbus compatible then they will show up INSP2 on the mileage read out everytime the car is started warning that a bulb is out. Am sure you would be able to find someone local to fit them for you too.
    Astra sold ... replaced with a Skoda ... soon to be replaced with another Vauxhall

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    ^^ Cheers buddy

just had word from lexus the 3 door got sold, but they have an identical 5 door one with xp pack so thats one less thing to worry about i guess,

also scraps my idea of new alloys as im not that excited about the 5 door really,

remap/springs/hid is all i'd do i reckon

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    The 5 door with complete kit and 18'' Pentas does look sweet IMO. What colour is it? I would, if I were you hold out for a black one!
    Astra sold ... replaced with a Skoda ... soon to be replaced with another Vauxhall

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mgodden1989 View Post
    The 5 door with complete kit and 18'' Pentas does look sweet IMO. What colour is it? I would, if I were you hold out for a black one!
    thats only because your biased on a 5 door black i prefer the 3 door with the XP Kit
    http://uk.movember.com/mospace/3132765
    Please Donate Generously

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankusan View Post
    thats only because your biased on a 5 door black i prefer the 3 door with the XP Kit
    Dam, rumbled!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast