Thread: Cheap suspension ftw!!!

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cheap suspension ftw!!!

A couple of weeks ago I bought an Astra MK4 Coupe, I had some plans for it and one of them was slam it, so I went on eBay and started looking for coilover kits.

I wanted the cheapest kit available and wasn't worried about ride quality or handling, so I found a make called 'Rokkor' from Belgium which did a kit for £130 delivered so I placed an order.

From something so cheap I expected bouncy very stiff uncomfortable ride and rubbish skippy handling.

So after less than 48 hours I received them and fitted them the same day. Everything I thought about them was wrong and they turned out to be a very good piece of kit

Ride quality is comfortable and same as before with the standard suspension but without the body roll and boat like feeling, also handling improved a LOT to the level I was shocked

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've got a cheap jamex coilover kit on my mk4 van and i think they're brilliant even though they'll probably fall apart in a years time!

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Still going on mine 2 years later! Just past the warranty slot, luckily i don't own it anymore lol

Couldnt fault the racelands on my coupe, I've gone for something a little more serious on my current car, Gaz golds with adjustable dampening etc, off to fit them this second
    WWW. FUTURESHOCKAUDIO .CO.UK
    Back in the Vauxhall fold - Astra Turbo & '82 Merc sadly missed, Two VX220's should keep me happy though