Thread: new and in need of help

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

new and in need of help

hi ive got a 2004 plate astra 1.6 twinport (black plastic cam cover)
    basically it started as a hissing and whistling noise every now and again of which has now got worse also its started stalling everytime i go to stop at a junction
    also ive n oticed if its been left idling and then i turn it off and undo the oil cap there is like a pressure release
    ive been told its the breather in the rocker cover can anyone confirm this please also is ther anything i can do other than getting a new cover
    cheers in advance

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    It's certainly a blocked breather ,maybe just the breather pipe itself that comes off the rocker cover that is blocked ,
    take them off and have a look get some carb cleaner first as this will shift any crap in there , I'm not familiar with the rocker cover on your engine as to how easy it is to get to the breather to clean it ,
    If it's a bit awkward you can put the rocker cover in a tub/bowl big enough to cover the breather and fill it with parafin and leave it to soak for a while to free the crap out of it then dry it off and re-fit

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    breather pipe is clear
    inside the rocker cover there is a valve and if u put any airline on where the breather pipe goes air comes out of the holes inside the cover someone told me that the valve is not letting the gasses out so i was wondering if i could remove the valve and just put a breather filter on the outside and block the hole on the inlet

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Also with the engine running if I remove the dippstick there's massive suction