Thread: Egypt again, sorry

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Egypt again, sorry

If you have been to Egypt can you tell me the name of the hotel you stayed in and would you recommend it? Or a score 1 low to 10 high?

Lastly roughly how much per person did it cost?

We are looking at around £1000 per person for a week in a 4 star all inclusive, this sound about right?

Cheers!
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    £1000pp, I could only wish for that bugdet!

Sadly, I have not been and cannot help
    I've paid and displayed...
    Have you joined AOC?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Think you will find summin easy for that mate, depending what time of year you go of course!

Last time I went I stayed at I think it was called the Dreams Vacation resort or summin like that, I'll find it in a sec, was a good hotel though, twinned hotel and you could use facilities from both so quite a large area as they were both right next to each other, only problem was they didn't have much of a proper beach of their own if you are into laying on the beach and the food was not brilliant, was good enough but usual buffet stuff so could of been better.

All in all though would give it a 7 or 8 out of 10! Nice pools, Nice Bedouin bar up on a cliff side which I enjoyed sitting at in the evening. I'll find a link!
    Great Minds Discuss Ideas; Average Minds Discuss Events; Small Minds Discuss People

http://mypsn.eu.playstation.com/psn/...e/jahadley.png

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Great Minds Discuss Ideas; Average Minds Discuss Events; Small Minds Discuss People

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_R...and_Sinai.html

Went here in Jan and wouldn't personally recommend it. The food was awful, fresh food came out cold for example, complained and nobody really cared. So carried on complaining and eventually the head chef found out and he was bothered by it and got rid of some staff at one of the restaurants. Things improved for a day or so and then slipped again. We got a free fillet steak as an apology which was ok. I think as a rule the quality of the food over there is rubbish compared to the UK. They couldnt even make a decent pizza!!
    Other than that the hotel was lovely and clean and well looked after, beach was lovely etc.
    I wouldn't rush back to Egypt after my trip. Spoke to some other people who thought the food was amazing! So down to personal opinion like anything really, but I am used to decent food so was left hungry and disappointed. Only so many limp pale chips you can eat in a week.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I have been to Egypt several times and would say the food is never great, Thankfully I have a good stomach so rarely ill but most people need to take Immodium etc as most do get a bit of the old Nile Waters!

Lovely weather, nice enough people, food is not great though in general. You notice it mostly with meat as they seem to get cheap quality meat and it is chewy etc!.

General rule of thumb, do not touch the salads, and avoid Ice etc! Never take water unless you can see the seal hasn't already been broken coz they will refill bottles and try and sell them off to you!

Also watch them when you order drinks, as they will take dirty glasses/cups, swill them under the tap and pour a new drink without actually washing them! I had to pull them up a few times for it and try and make sure I got decent clean(ish) cups!

Status
    Club Chairman
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Thanks guys some good info. My first post comes across wrong regarding the budget. For a week at the end of October it's around £1000 per person, what we want to know is if this is the normal for the type of holiday or it's massively over priced. As it's half term that week we know it's going to be more than usual but not say double the price?

Cheers.
    Been apart of the inner circle since 2001
    Click Me to Join Astra Owners Club Full or Lite Members

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    i was quoted 753 quid to go on my own that was paying the 9 quid supplement per night as price was based on two for sept unfortunatly things occured an i couldnt go

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=yyao12345;2451461]U.S. motorcycle with its technological content is low, speed and celebrated. Actually, this can save many motorcycle accessories. wholesale nfl jerseys United auto companies use of lightweight carbon to replace the car almost every metal parts. Company specially invited professional Foraxis industrial design company help making new parts,.eventually grandlyhas promoted the B91 "ghost" light weight, only 17 kilograms. The focus vignale concept car without touching the beam of the tank. The engine fuel moved below, hidden in a fiber production container, effectively reduce the car's centre of gravity. Authentic NFL jerseys Hollow fiber beam steering neck across from the bus to the rear shock absorber. The car is used double beam fuel containers. Connection point directly in the car on the beam, casting a few pounds saved the screw.[/QUOTE

lol you thinkin of taking a motorcycle to egypt?