Thread: Radiator issues

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Radiator issues

Hi. My twin top was recalled early this year on a radiator fault. Dealer said there was no problem with mine. In March coolant level warning came on and took it back. Vauxhall said it was a faulty rad and was replaced under warranty (they got it wrong first time) On Wednesday (6 days after the warranty on the car finished) the automatic gearbox failed because of water in the radiator. Either they didnt fit properly or the new rad was faulty but they are saying so far that I've got to pay! Has anyone else had the same sort of problem and what was the outcome....

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome and need pics of your car lol!

This will more than likely be moved to the correct section.

If the problem in the gearbox is caused from the radiator that they fitted then they should be fixing it for free IMO.
    http://uk.movember.com/mospace/3132765
    Please Donate Generously

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Would love to post a pic, but its stuck at the garage. They wont even order the new gearbox until Vauxhall have come to a decision, so every day I'm having to spend more cash on a hire car. Wonder if anyone else has had a similar problem based on the time lines and Vauxhall paid up? Least that adds to my arguement that they should pay. I found out today that if a car is in warranty, you need a new part, the part is only covered for as long as the car is within the warranty. So if you got a new engine on 1 day, and 2 days later your warranty finished and the day after that the engine blew up, the warranty is no longer valid! How crazy and unfair is that? You only get a full 12 months if the part is purchased and there is no car warranty.