Thread: Need Your Opinions...

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool Need Your Opinions...

Right I'm getting an SMD conversion done, but I really don't know what colour I want to get. Most people get blue, which looks nice, but I don't want to be a sheep. I'm not getting my CD30 done, as I have an alpine stereo installed.

It's between:

Everything white - MFD and Milleage Clock in green
    Everything white - MFD and Milleage Clock in red (my fav, bit like new Fiesta.
    Everything blue - Speedo in blue & white (with the red needles)

Would be good to get some people's opinion. If your opinion is something like "buy a VXR" or "don't get smd conversion done" then don't waste your breath lol
    07 ASTRA MK5 1.6 VVT SXi
    Sapphire Black, 17" SRi alloys, Black Grill, Carbon Fibre Boot Strip, Smoked Side Repeaters, HEKO Wind Deflectors, Tinted Windows, RS Green Callipers & Alpine IDA-X100.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    white and red would like nice pal but got to admit i love the blue and red i understand why you want to do something diffrent though.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks mate. Well I have seen the blue in a car before, and because most of the MK5 dash lights are always on (whether the headlights are or not) the blue looks quite dull in the day time. That's why I want to have a nice crispy white and then the red screens and the red & white dials. Gotta keep the car sell-able at the end of the day because otherwise I'd need to go to all the bother of getting an SMD conversion done again when I sell it lol
    07 ASTRA MK5 1.6 VVT SXi
    Sapphire Black, 17" SRi alloys, Black Grill, Carbon Fibre Boot Strip, Smoked Side Repeaters, HEKO Wind Deflectors, Tinted Windows, RS Green Callipers & Alpine IDA-X100.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Fair point mate when you getting it done who is doing it for you stampede.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    I will be going for red/white/blue with mine, simly because that is what colour my stereo is atm.

Looking at a picture of mine in the dark, the majority of it will be blue because of the glow from the stereo as it is anyway. Will keep the red needles on the dials, but not sure whether to go for white or blue.

I rekon you should go for the last option mate, but then again it all depends on the colours on your stereo at the moment.
    Astra sold ... replaced with a Skoda ... soon to be replaced with another Vauxhall

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Near Portsmouth....... Drives a Signum 1.9 CDTi
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    White looks good.

Here are a few in a Vectra in white:

The truth is always the truth even if you haven't realised it yet...

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the opinions guys. Very helpful.

Well my stereo can change between red and blue, and it has white illumination of the writing on the unit as well so I'll change it to red to match the MFD etc.

Lee - can you re-post those pics mate they didn't work

Jimbob - getting them done by a guy called Jason, Stampede is all the way up in Yorkshire and will only come down if I can find 3 other people who want conversions done in my area, which I can't find lol
    07 ASTRA MK5 1.6 VVT SXi

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry the pics did work - wondering now if white might be a bit too much, I like the idea of the red MFD though, as the Golfs have these too they look nice.
    07 ASTRA MK5 1.6 VVT SXi

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Still looking for thoughts on this. Might pop down to a few dealerships and have a look in some of the new cars, see what the manufacturers are doing.
    07 ASTRA MK5 1.6 VVT SXi

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have Full Blue Conversion With red dials looks awesome,doesnt matter if few people have it.Stampede did myne cant recommend enough but for sumthing different i like blue conversion with white dials that light up blue not many have had that done
    Who need's Drift steering When My Tyres are This Bald

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast