Thread: Please, Please Help, ASAP

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Please, Please Help, ASAP

Hi, guys please please help, im a novice and need some advice, the story goes....
    I went to a garage and saw a Vauxhall astra MK5 1.4 club (04), looked great and was £4000, the only problem was the 'airbag light was on' the guys at the garage said, its not a problem we’ll get it sorted for you, so I paid the deposit on the sunday 26th sept, and arranged to pick it up on sat 2nd oct, but I received a call on the day before pick up saying the car was not ready, but id just sold my old car the very same day 'Bugger' they explained vauxhall needs to get a pass code and that take up to 7 days. But I have just received a call (7th oct) to say that vauxhall have got the pass code but they need to spend atleast 2 hours on it to determine the problem. I have been offered my deposit back but iv looked on auto trader and there arnt many astra's local. Any advice would be brill.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    get your deposit back. The car is expensive and has probably been in a crash.
    Sorry!

Status
    Top Gear Guy
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ill second that, get your deposit back. If needs be look at other car options.

Id also be looking on pistonheads for a new car.
    Now an Audi A3 Driver!
    Quote Originally Posted by ledster
    some say he should have driven faster,some say he has the memory of a gold fish,all we know is he was 10 minutes late...

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    get your money back and look on the for sale section there are much nicer astra on there and they are cheaper like:

http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=275469 Convertable Astra
    http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=276947 modified coupe
    http://www.astraownersclub.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=275759 very cheap Sri
    Be an optimist - at least until they start moving animals in pairs to Cape Canaveral.

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The car came back HPI clear, and for a similar one local (30)miles I'd be looking at close to £4600. First car iv Almost bought, what a total *OCK UP!
    Thanks for the advice

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    Get your deposit back, been there before with cars that have issues straight from the garage, doomed from the start.

Get your money and go elsewhere. Although from the sounds of it you may not have a car ATM from selling your old one ... don't rush into buying anything, take your time and find the perfect car for you, one that ticks all the boxes, not just a few!
    Astra sold ... replaced with a Skoda ... soon to be replaced with another Vauxhall

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Agreed. a car with issues from day one will always carry on the trend.

I have had a few with issues and every time they became a money pit. Bought the current car private with no issues (ok a coil pack started to go on the drive home) but apart from that it has gave me no grief

Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quick update, the dealer has just called me to say that Vauxhall have informed him that it is a wiring loom problem and they cant get the part until monday the earliest! They charged the dealer 2 hours labour, dumb ass

any one had any experience with this sort of problem? Any info would be great. thanks

Status
    The Sticker Queen
    Mentioned in
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Why would you buy a car that already has a dirty great cloud hanging over it? Get your money back and go car shopping.
    MINXY BUTLER-HENDERSON

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    as people have mentioned get your deposit back and open your search for a another car can always be HPI clear if not reported to the insurance i bent the chassis on my old car and never told the insurance got my mate to do the work on it ... if it went through the insurance it would have been a Cat-D ... however my other cars airbags light were on but they were only disabled they needed a new fused to activate them again ? maybe that could be the problem?
    1.8 SRI Sports Hatch

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast