Thread: Boss audio

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Angry Boss audio

Hi guys bit of a long story I have a 4 channel boss amp to power my 2 subs never done an install before so this was my first time so i connect the power the ground the remote on cable and the subs and nothing so tried my mates head unit and it turned on but went to protection mode so I done a search and was coz i bridged the subs so i sorted that out and the power came on went green yay so i thought but as my friend did not have the leads for his pre outs out went to halfords to get some blue turn on cable and a switch which I hooked up to the cig lighter so i can use my head unit and turn the amp on and off which worked but the red light only comes on which is protection mode the green power light flicks on for a second then goes straight to protection mode have dissconnected all the speaker cables and rca cables but no joy have check and re check all fuses ground etc still now joy any ideas guys?

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    If your positive all your wiring is correct chances are your amps faulty!
    ASTRA H 1.8,Silver Lightning,
    Clifford 330 Alarm, Window Tints, vxR Clocks With Needle Sweep, Cruise Contol, Heatshot Washer System, XP Spoiler, Insignia Jets

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    sorry I'm not findingit easy to follow what you're saying due to the incredibly long sentence you've written.

Are you saying you had it all working correctly, then connected a switch to the cigarette lighter socket... and connected it to where?

try fitting a simple remote lead to the remote outputon your HU and then to the remote input on the amp. does it work? if so, splice the switch into that
    NOW - Sapphire Black 3dr Astra G

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

9 Years, 7 Astras, 1 Zafira, No Regrets.

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The remote lead on my head unit does not work for some reason but when i used my friends unit the green light stayed on but had nothing connected as he never had the pre outs.

So as I needed to have the remote lead connected other wise the amp dont turn on i used the power from the cig lighter and put a switch on it.

But now even if i go back to my mates unit still the protection light so no idea what to do now.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    check all your fuses on the amp, and make sure your ground connection is good. also make sure none of your wiring is shorting out, that all the gains/adjustments on the amp are set back to the default (middle usually) setting/position. Make sure all your gains etc are default on the headunit too.

Protection mode is where the amp receives a higher input than it can handle (as you probably know) so if it's all wired in properly then t's fair to assume it's a settings problem; - unless of course your amp is faulty.

THEN - Glacier White 2.0Di Estate - 136bhp 1.6 Pineapple Yellow Mk3 - Flame Red 2.0Di Van - Chianti Red 1.8 Coupe - Star Silver 2.2 Zafira - Flame Red 2.2 Linea Rossa Coupe - Titan Gold 1.8 Coupe

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well had it all set to the lowest also its goes into protection mode just with the ground power and remote cable connected nothing else?

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Drives
    2.2 Astra G 3dr Hatch
    Mentioned in
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Follow PeteG On Twitter
    hm. interesting conundrum. If everything's wired correctly and you're not overloading the signal, I'd suggest a fault with the amp - possibly been "abused" (for want of a better word) in the past and it's given up the ghost.

do you know anyone else with a working install that you can do a little test with? swap amps so yours is using his wiring and setup etc, and then you try his amp with your wiring/install. If your amp still won't work in his install, then it's at fault. if his amp won't work in your install then it's your install/wiring that's too blame. obviously if both work when swapped, then you've more of a mystery than I can solve over the internet