Thread: Going to the Outback!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Going to the Outback!

Just thought you all might like to know that right now, I am sitting on the Spirit of the Outback going to Longreach, Queensland. Basically I'm going to be spending the next week out there doing a trial for a job I've applied for. Anyway, despite living in Australia, I have actually never been to the Outback before, so its definitely going to be an experience. My plans for this week are to work (obviously), and on the weekend I'm thinking of going to the Qantas Founder's Museum, and also hiring a car so I can have a look around the place. Being a Holden man I especially want to try and get myself into a Commodore for the weekend.

Anyway, I'll have internet access out there, so I'll probably be online at night, so I'll keep you guys updated
    "Bite off more than you can chew and then chew like all Hell" - Peter Brock
    My ride: 2007 Holden AH (Mk5) Astra CDX 1.8 A4

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    My bro has been living in Aus for 8 1/2 years now. After training recently he's become a bush ranger in the northern territory based in Tennant Creek, approx 600km north of Alice springs.....

Is this similar to what you'll be doing?

If its got pistons or tits, its gonna be expensive!!

Status
    AOC Regular
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Not even close - I'll be working at an IT shop, pretty much the only one for a few hundred kilometres. Basically I'll be doing computer repairs, system builds, networking, that sort of thing, with a little bit of sales and support thrown in.
    "Bite off more than you can chew and then chew like all Hell" - Peter Brock
    My ride: 2007 Holden AH (Mk5) Astra CDX 1.8 A4

Status
    Yer...I'm nuts!!
    Mentioned in
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Follow untouchable On Twitter
    My parents are visiting my lesbian (well thats what I think) Aunt in Tazmania at the end of the month, but doing a stopover for a couple of days in Sydney, then to Taz, then to New Zealand for a little jolly in a camper van. The will be gone 4 weeks in all.

Lucky buggers