Thread: Engine light flashing & Missifre.... ??

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Engine light flashing & Missifre.... ??

Hey people got this problem with my car I'm hoping someone can help me with as its really annoying me especially when you get some guy in an mr2 next to you revving his engine and tries to race and your only a car length or two in front!

Ive got an Astra Gsi and its running CS3 map, what happens is;

If i pull off and give it full throttle and change gear at the top of the rev range (not redline) sometimes it starts miss-firing and the engine light will flash, however a quick turn the engine off and on and its fine again, it doesn't do it all the time and I'm thinking maybe coil pack due to the turn off engine and on stops it....?

I had a coil pack go before and it seems very very similar although this doesn't happen if i change gear early.

Any help would be great!

Also thinking could it be: Plugs, Knock sensor?

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    The light flashes a fair few times then stays steady????? then goes into limp mode???? At high revs??????

100% coil pack, same thing happened to mine, and as i was babying the car it took me a month to figure it out. Error codes P0300 and P0303

When you do the pack, do the plugs while it's off. It fixed mine and runs great now

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)
    I had this exact same problem a few months back after a visit to Vauxhall.. My GSI used to missfire and have a flashing management light, went limp until I switched off and on again. All it was was a loose spark plug that vauxhall didnt tighten properly! Simple thing, one hell of a headache at the time..