Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool Best LED Solution

Hi Guys,

I'm just wondering if anybody knows the best solution for installing CANBUS LED bulbs. I bought some ones off eBay with the built in resistors, they were about £9.99 and took bloody ages to arrive.

When they eventually did, they weren't very bright and looked like they'd been built by a 3 year old disabled child in Taiwan! I couldn't get to my sidelights without taking the bumper off so I stuck them in the number plate lights, and now, 2 months later after not much use they have gone bang.

Does anybody know the best CANBUS LED bulbs, maybe not the best, but ones that are bright, last a long time, well built and a reasonable price.

Thanks
    07 ASTRA MK5 1.6 VVT SXi
    Sapphire Black, 17" SRi alloys, Black Grill, Carbon Fibre Boot Strip, Smoked Side Repeaters, HEKO Wind Deflectors, Tinted Windows, RS Green Callipers & Alpine IDA-X100.

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have ordered a selection but they wont be for sale until I am happy with the fitment , have heard some stories about canbus bulbs still not working properly when fitted to an Astra H.

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Oh right I never heard of that. Somebody said the PIAA led bulbs are brilliant, but they are not CANBUS
    07 ASTRA MK5 1.6 VVT SXi
    Sapphire Black, 17" SRi alloys, Black Grill, Carbon Fibre Boot Strip, Smoked Side Repeaters, HEKO Wind Deflectors, Tinted Windows, RS Green Callipers & Alpine IDA-X100.

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    Have been told Crazy LEDs are the place to go. I will be getting some when I eventually get round to ordering my HIDs, which will now be October/November time when my overtime comes in incase you thought I had forgot about them

Although the warning on their website does say that intense heat from the headlight bulbs itself might cause them to blow sooner.
    Astra sold ... replaced with a Skoda ... soon to be replaced with another Vauxhall

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Doesn't look like CrazyLeds have any 501 bulbs that would fit in the small hole that the Astra headlights have for the sidelights mate.
    07 ASTRA MK5 1.6 VVT SXi

Status
    AOC Obsessed
    Mentioned in
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Follow MarkG On Twitter
    What do your ones look like, the cheap ones?

Would these not fit? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LED-SIDELIGHT-...item45f3e86c9c
    Astra sold ... replaced with a Skoda ... soon to be replaced with another Vauxhall

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sort of like that, but those ones do look a bit better than mine. I don't really know because I took them out and stamped on them.

I just want some bright mother f**kers that I can use as DRLs as well as bright ass sidelights for the evening.
    07 ASTRA MK5 1.6 VVT SXi

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Sort of like that, but those ones do look a bit better than mine. I don't really know because I took them out and stamped on them.

I just want some bright mother f**kers that I can use as DRLs as well as bright ass sidelights for the evening lol
    07 ASTRA MK5 1.6 VVT SXi

Status
    AOC Premium Member
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    To be honest I've searched high and low on eBay and elsewhere, and it seems that no matter how much or how little you pay, you're going to get some shitty circuit board made of a Indonesian's toenail with a crappy SMD stuck on the end. I doubt any of these are actually waterproof, I need ones that are water/condensation proof. Would be nice to find a set that have like a clear lens on them or something?
    07 ASTRA MK5 1.6 VVT SXi

Status
    AOC Fanatic
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan247 View Post
    To be honest I've searched high and low on eBay and elsewhere, and it seems that no matter how much or how little you pay, you're going to get some shitty circuit board made of a Indonesian's toenail with a crappy SMD stuck on the end. I doubt any of these are actually waterproof, I need ones that are water/condensation proof. Would be nice to find a set that have like a clear lens on them or something?
    I am testing some that look it a little better than that rated at 1w so shouldnt trip the Canbus, basically same design as the pic below but not festoon , ask mark b how bright they are (he had one of my samples)

PS Pic Below is a Mondeo

1 x 2w Festton + 2 x T10 1W

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast