Status
    AOC Newbie
    Mentioned in
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

2001 astra 2.2 sri engine queries

Good morning, ive an astra 2.2 sri 2001
    sometimes when i start the car in the morning my car sounds just like a deisel for a few minutes, any ideas and how?? ive been told to drain my oil replace with fully synthetic deisel oil 0-30 drive for 2wks then drain and fill with 10-40w + new filter.
    the only other problem is when pulling away or reversing the car makes a noise on or near the engine on the n/s almost like a dry joint or something but it only lasts afew seconds.
    i travel afew miles so would like to sort these problems before something expensive happends..
    Thanks for your time. simon

Status
    Hulk smash!!
    Mentioned in
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)
    Hi, and welcome to the club!

Well I am not 100% sure, but I am sure someone more knowledgeable will put me right, but....

Could it be the timing chain??

Have you had the timing chain replaced? There was a field defect on the pre 02/52 models, where by there was not enough oil getting onto the timing chain, and as a consequence they occasionally snapped.

Obviously this sounds mega bad, but I would wait for someone else one confirm or deny it. Or trying having a search for timing chain threads, there are plenty.